suspension lift questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suspension lift questions...

hey, if i put a 5 inch suspension lift on my 2003 ford f150 will it require me to extend brake lines and everything or if i purchase a kit that says complete will it be everything i need? i dont no a whole lot about it just a newbie i guess. just want all the answers so i do it right the first time. thxs any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you buy a quality kit it will include everthing you need. Most kits for our trucks do not require longer brake lines.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the kits offered for our 97-03 trucks do not require any longer brake lines. however, some of the front stock brake lines have to be unwound, (they are coiled up) straightened, and rerouted down. this is all done by hand, however. when you reach this point, just take your time, and bend carefully.

the rear driver's side e-brake line has to be rerouted slightly, and the fabtech kit contains a new bracket for this. the rear driver's side caliper brake line has to be rerouted, but this is accomplished via a new bracket that doesn't require any bending of the line.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perfect. so theres no new lines needed just a few that need to be re routed. im not going to be doing any serious offroading. maybe a just a few easy easy trails. mostly to the lake for fishing. thats why im going with the cheap lift hahaha aslo cant afford much more. also it says that stock wheels cannot be used but i thought they could be as i was told that our stock wheels on the 97-03s have 4.5 inches of backspacing is this not true?.

Quick Reply: suspension lift questions...