topguncustomz sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topguncustomz sucks!!!

I bought 4 bilstein 5100 shocks from topguncustomz.com for my 2004 ford f150 fx4 last sunday (the 1st) 2 weeks ago. So i ordered them online and called them on wed to get my tracking number, they tell me they are out of stock and they will ship out on monday the 9th, so i call on monday to see if they shipped and nope they wont be in till wed the 11th, so i call on wed and nope they wont have them till today (friday) and they will ship out today. Worst customer service ever. They lied to me 4 times. First the website should of said out of stock, second dont lie to me 4 times and argue with me every time. I told them i had to cancel my appointment to get them put on twice even though im doing them myself, and he said i shouldnt of made the appointment till i had them. Man that pissed me off. So long story short i will never do bussiness with them again. EVER.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Lol, sounds like a bad experience. Sometimes it is not completely their fault though. Perhaps their supplier told them that those shocks would be there on the original date quoted, and when they were not there, they just told you it would take a couple more days, not realizing that it would be more like 4 more days. It happens, sucks to be the customer on the short end, but the company cannot be perfect ALL the time.

When it comes to setting the appointment, I would have to agree with the representative; never make an appointment until you have the parts in posession. It only makes sense.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I've run into the same problem with just about everybody I have ordered stuff from lately. NTW ****ed me on some tires and lied to me a couple times. They said the tires I ordered were in stock when I called and ordered them and it took me a month to get them because they didn't have them. Rocky Mountain Suspenson let me or order some U bolts from them and I found out that they were going to be delayed because of a lack of nuts for the kit......what a joke! Exalt Motorsports strung me along for a couple weeks with excuse after excuse as to why my order wasn't ready to be shipped. They are nice guys but I couldn't get things right until I started calling everyday. They told me that the Kings I ordered were damaged in the anodizing process so they had to be refinished. Then it took over a week to get it straight. Took 3 days to get some in-house powdercoating on my springs done when they new I was under a deadline and they told me it would be done in 1 day. Desert Rat sent me a set of wheels and one of them was damaged by Fedex during delivery. They were nice enough to let me buy another one to replace it! I've been dealing with Fedex for a few weeks now trying to get the claim settled and they giving me bs excuses as to why they aren't going to pay it. The freight company that I used to get all my suspension stuff from Exalt to me has been an utter pain in the *** too. It took them over a week to get their stuff right and get somebody who knew what they were doing to pick the stuff up. Once it was on it's way, it was supposed to take 5 business days which would have been yesterday. i called yesterday only to find out that my shippment was in Ohio. If I hadn't of called them TWICE yesterday I wouldn't be getting it until Monday at the earliest. It's out for delivery right now. The worst part about it is that i am going out of country on Monday afternoon and I need to drp my truck off Monday morning to have everything installed while I'm gone. You're not alone man! I really have had to cancel my install appointment a couple times!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by fx4tough07
I bought 4 bilstein 5100 shocks from topguncustomz.com for my 2004 ford f150 fx4 last sunday (the 1st) 2 weeks ago. So i ordered them online and called them on wed to get my tracking number, they tell me they are out of stock and they will ship out on monday the 9th, so i call on monday to see if they shipped and nope they wont be in till wed the 11th, so i call on wed and nope they wont have them till today (friday) and they will ship out today. Worst customer service ever. They lied to me 4 times. First the website should of said out of stock, second dont lie to me 4 times and argue with me every time. I told them i had to cancel my appointment to get them put on twice even though im doing them myself, and he said i shouldnt of made the appointment till i had them. Man that pissed me off. So long story short i will never do bussiness with them again. EVER.
I had a great experience with them & if I ever need something from them again I won't hesitate at all to buy from them. This is a computer age we live in and all those dates they gave you is just what Bilstein had in their system probably. I worked in a parts store and I ran across something like this often. The manufacturer lists an eta date, then gives it to the supplier, and then the supplier gives it to the store and the store just passes all the info on to the customer. I am not sure why you lied to them about your appointment since you were going to do the install yourself so thats your own fault for creating that issue with them.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah they suck on shipping, i ordered 1.5" leveling kit from them 2/14 and its just now getting to me today a month later, they did offer to refund my $9 for shipping but its probably more of a hassle than its worth getting that back...

Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 PM
lol that sucks, sorry to hear about your bad experience man... i had a similar one with them also

Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 PM
parts

I got my level kit from them in 3 days!!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 PM
ya i have ordered from them and i have never had any problems its normally the the warehouse not really the distributors fault

Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 PM
yeah i have ordred things from them, and it was quick.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
I had a great experience with them & if I ever need something from them again I won't hesitate at all to buy from them. This is a computer age we live in and all those dates they gave you is just what Bilstein had in their system probably. I worked in a parts store and I ran across something like this often. The manufacturer lists an eta date, then gives it to the supplier, and then the supplier gives it to the store and the store just passes all the info on to the customer. I am not sure why you lied to them about your appointment since you were going to do the install yourself so thats your own fault for creating that issue with them.
Maybe they should have stated on the website that they were out of stock so i could drive accross town and order from 4wheelparts and get them in 2 days. And i said i had to cancel my appointment hoping they would overnight them to me or give me free shipping. Its all in negotiating.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:40 AM
should have called in the first place to order...thats what i did

Old 03-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Suspended
you seem to just want to start a fuss with them. if they dont have them, cancel the order and go somewhere that does. i always try to place orders over the phone for things i would like quicker just to make sure they have them in stock.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:36 PM
I agree on the calling to order instead of ordering online for things that you need/want quicker but even that doesn't work out a lot of times just like my short story above explained......pretty sure it's the economy screwing things up all around right now.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Sorry bout your bad experience... but your perpetuating the problem... big internet outlets are there for dirt cheap price... NOT customer service!

Only thing I get out of this thread is bummed that you guys arent supporting local business by ordering this stuff from local shops... cause I can almost garauntee(sp) that any local family business will give hella coustomer service...

Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by SIZMTRZ
Sorry bout your bad experience... but your perpetuating the problem... big internet outlets are there for dirt cheap price... NOT customer service!

Only thing I get out of this thread is bummed that you guys arent supporting local business by ordering this stuff from local shops... cause I can almost garauntee(sp) that any local family business will give hella coustomer service...

and one hell of a high price... I dont argue they give great service because they do, but prices at most are outrageous. Luckly I dont have a shop around here worth a damn, so buying local is not an issue for me. I have to drive 4-6 hours east to Wichita falls or to DFW for a shop, so the internet is good with me. Luckly i have only ever been jipped on ebay **Knock on wood** and that was resolved quickly by ebay and paypal.

Quick Reply: topguncustomz sucks!!!