Right front tire wearing more than the rest

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right front tire wearing more than the rest

I have been out of fixing light automotive for over a year or so now. When I was working at an independent shop, I had customers with the same problem I am having right now. I checked their ball joints, tie rods and their alingment. It all checked within Ford specs. Still there right front tire is wearing out like their camber is off. I am just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem. When I seen this happening to my truck it started to drive me crazy. Any help would be great.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
If the camber is out get a alignement. Your toe could be out too, normally casue feathering on the out side of tire. Were is the tired wearing, inside, outside, midle, is it feathering? Could be a bad alignment, a bad shock, low or too much tire pressure.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I have the exact same problem, Ive gotten mine aligned 5 times now trying to fix it and nothing works. Turns out my frames a little bent from a previous wreck, and that is the cause of it, so theres nothing I can really do about it. Hope thats not your problem! I just rotate the tires A LOT.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI CowboyUp, you can take your truck to a frame shop, and your frame can be straightened out. I don't know how much it will cost though.

Quick Reply: Right front tire wearing more than the rest