6" pro comp lift es shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" pro comp lift es shocks

first - when this kit says "extended periods of high speeds in 4 wheel high.......you will need a new drive shaft from transfer case" how fast....how long? Is this due to the angle after the lift is installed? second - i used a 2.5" leveling kit.....will this effect the installation of the lift?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Suspended
are you stacking the 2 1/2" spacer ontop of the pro comp spacer to get 8 1/2" of lift? stacking spacers is not good. get adjustable bilsteins or coilovers

as for driveshafts, 6" you don't need to extend the driveshafts usually. 8" or more of lift usually you need an extended drive shafts.

here in texas we dont need to drive in 4wd for long periods of times at high speeds so i cant be to much more help with high speeds. maybe someone from up north can be of more help with this.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
are you stacking the 2 1/2" spacer ontop of the pro comp spacer to get 8 1/2" of lift? stacking spacers is not good. get adjustable bilsteins or coilovers

as for driveshafts, 6" you don't need to extend the driveshafts usually. 8" or more of lift usually you need an extended drive shafts.

here in texas we dont need to drive in 4wd for long periods of times at high speeds so i cant be to much more help with high speeds. maybe someone from up north can be of more help with this.
not gonna stack i should have mentioned rear leaf.....not specific enough my bad. the u bolts should be long enough.........right?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by 08FX-4
not gonna stack i should have mentioned rear leaf.....not specific enough my bad. the u bolts should be long enough.........right?
as far as i can tell the kit comes with everything........

Old 03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Suspended
long enough? maybe. i can probly get you a set that will be long enough. im going over to fx4 for life's house tomorrow to install him his old Pro comp block under his new block to level the rear. let me know if your interested and ill talk to him on price for you. he just bought them like 4 weeks ago and is getting new ubolts tomorrow so their basically new

Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by 08FX-4
The pro Comp lifts come with the 4 inch blocks and the u-bolts to make it all work. also if you have the money go with the stage 2 kit, the coil overs look better, perform better and give you the easy option to go higher later on down the road. i would say you do not need to extend your drive shafts, also i have no clue why you would need to use 4wd in high speeds for long periods of time. anyways i hope this helps and good luck.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by black 150
The pro Comp lifts come with the 4 inch blocks and the u-bolts to make it all work. also if you have the money go with the stage 2 kit, the coil overs look better, perform better and give you the easy option to go higher later on down the road. i would say you do not need to extend your drive shafts, also i have no clue why you would need to use 4wd in high speeds for long periods of time. anyways i hope this helps and good luck.
pretty sure they give you a 2.5 inch block to stack on top of your stock block

Old 03-11-2009, 09:20 PM
yeah.....im gonna put the lift in on the 4th - 5th. if you could hold on to them and i will contact you before then. pro comp sells an add a leaf kit but no u bolts so i figured the ones with the kit would work. im gonna call pro comp in the am. ill drop ya a line
thanx

Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by black 150
i wasn't sure what they ment by that...and what is a "high speed" ? or an "extended period of time" ? little vague. I want to go with the stage 2 but short on funds. i figure ill do this now to get it up in the air and then later get the coil overs.....has to ride better as well.

Quick Reply: 6" pro comp lift es shocks