Best 4" kit for a 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best 4" kit for a 2005

Hey Everyone,
I am trying to save my money for a lift kit. I was wondering if I could get some advice. I want to go with a 4 inch and no rear lift blocks if I could help it. I had a ranger with a 6 inch with lift blocks and I hated it. I don't really do any extreme off roading so I figure 4 inch would be perfect for me. I want a good funtioning kit that isn't going to cost me my son's college fund. Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I think in the 4" range most like the Rancho lift.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rancho makes a 4" kit, i'm running it but i am running rear lift block, gonna have to go custom if you want no blocks. rancho will run ya 2000 with shocks. i love the kit, pricey though.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Rancho

- NCSU

Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RCD also makes a lift that is adjustable for 4 or 6 inches of lift.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Go with Rancho

Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you for the advice. Even though I have never had one, I have always leaned towards the Rancho systems. Are they the most durable or are they just good on price? Instead of a bigger block in the back, can you go with a add-a-leaf and a shorter block? Also, Noblem I see that you have the lift and gears that I would like. How are they on miliage and towing? How tall are your tires? Right now my are 33's on 20" wheels. I was thinking of going up to 35's with the lift.

Last edited by NVCrewzer4x4; 03-10-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added more content
Old 03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I have 35's. The gears made a night and day difference with the 35's on. I just recently got the edge evo, so my speedo is more accurate but I dont think I have dialed in exactly right, I've heard that the adjusted tire size in the user manual of the edge evo was a little off. Still have to borrow a gps and I can get it exact some day. With that in mind, it has been telling me that I am doing usually around 14+ city and 18+ highway on a good day, which I am happy with. It was alot worse when I had my stock 3.55's. I havn't had to tow anything with the edge hooked up yet, but I am anxious to see how it will do.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Suspended
i have the 3.55's gears and it works fine for me, i do tow but nothing heavy (2 sleds or 2 atvs) nothing over 1800 pounds or so. i have edge and no muffler, my edge show almost 14 on short trips and getting over 18 on the interstate. i will be regearing whenever i need to or if i cram 37's on it, but i got too many things going on to do that right meow...lol

Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
NVCrewzer4x4

I live about an hour from Reno... I will be getting my 6" Fabtech lift installed in Reno at "Custom Truck Accessories".

Do you know if they are a reputable shop or not? Do you know of any other shops that install lifts.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Chaos, I have heard that they are a good shop. They have one here and one in Carson City. They have been around for years. The shop in Carson did my spray in liner back in the summer of 02. I am going to them tomorrow to see if I can make a deal on a liner and bed cover. There are a few other shops around also. Folbeck 4wd inc on Glendale in Sparks is own by the brother of a co-worker of mine that passed away. I had heard good things about the shop but never have been there. I know there is a shop on Market St. down from the Harley dealer and Big Valley Honda. The name escapes me right now. They have lifted trucks around their shop so they maybe one to check out also. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I would like to make friends with people in the area to do things with. I am trying to get the word out about this forum.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by NVCrewzer4x4
Chaos, I have heard that they are a good shop. They have one here and one in Carson City. They have been around for years. The shop in Carson did my spray in liner back in the summer of 02. I am going to them tomorrow to see if I can make a deal on a liner and bed cover. There are a few other shops around also. Folbeck 4wd inc on Glendale in Sparks is own by the brother of a co-worker of mine that passed away. I had heard good things about the shop but never have been there. I know there is a shop on Market St. down from the Harley dealer and Big Valley Honda. The name escapes me right now. They have lifted trucks around their shop so they maybe one to check out also. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I would like to make friends with people in the area to do things with. I am trying to get the word out about this forum.
Thanks for the info... it is very helpful. I think i will use Custom Truck Accessories for install. $700 for install and alignment. Not to bad for a carry in lift kit.

Alot of places want more for install due to the fact i did not purchase lift from them.

Once again thanks for the help. And sorry to hijack your thread. And yes if you are doing a 4" lift, i would definatly go with rancho.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Chaos, I am glad that I can be of help. Yeah that is good that they are hooking you up like that for a kit you didn't get there. The local shops are always good about that, they want to earn your business. Don't worry about "hijacking" the thread. That is how we make friends on here and get info and advice.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by ATOM
i have the 3.55's gears and it works fine for me, i do tow but nothing heavy (2 sleds or 2 atvs) nothing over 1800 pounds or so. i have edge and no muffler, my edge show almost 14 on short trips and getting over 18 on the interstate. i will be regearing whenever i need to or if i cram 37's on it, but i got too many things going on to do that right meow...lol
Off topic, sorry guys,
Hey ATOM, Do you by chance know off the top of your head what size you have programed into your edge in mm? I'm just guessing you have the 325/65's too?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by noblem
Off topic, sorry guys,
Hey ATOM, Do you by chance know off the top of your head what size you have programed into your edge in mm? I'm just guessing you have the 325/65's too?
i just put in what the book said for a 35" tire, 2792 mm. it's not 100% accurate, but close enough

Quick Reply: Best 4" kit for a 2005