Rancho 4inch... Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho 4inch... Shocks?

i need to get Front and Rear shock for my 2004 f150 (newer body stylewith the Rancho 4inch lift. i do not want the adjustable ones with a little dial i have to change i want some that wont be expensive and will get the job done just do not know how to order or what to look for because the Rancho ones i do have, have a much longer spindle in the front compared to stock because they do not use a spacer that is added on top of the whole spindle assembly....

Any help would be great thanks!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well your only options are the rs5000 or rs9000. they ain't exactly cheap either. if paid 293 for all 4 shipped last year and that was a smokin deal! i would guess your looking at 500+ for shocks

the front's range from 160-185 depending on where ya go
and the rears are around 85-100

Last edited by ATOM; 03-09-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! thats crazy thats my only option??? no other company's make shocks that will work???

i was hopeing to spend a little less than that

Old 03-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Suspended
not really, i read that the bilstein shocks won't work for the front, but they are 400'ish for a set too. nothing is cheap when they know you can scrape your insides because they know you need special shocks. i was gonna put fabtech coils in the front of mine soon, but that is put on hold otherwise i would sell you mine.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:20 PM
my whole lift is now put onhold and the KYB is going back on the rear if you do let me know i would definitly be interested!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Suspended
will do, i got a dash swap in progress, reverse camera, leather swap with headrest monitors, and several other things, but maybe i will do the coilovers sooner, never know.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 AM
i wish i had those headrest monitors! and the reverse cam would always be nice never can trust that reverse sensor... are you going to have a reverse monitor/mirror?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by scapesinc
i wish i had those headrest monitors! and the reverse cam would always be nice never can trust that reverse sensor... are you going to have a reverse monitor/mirror?

no i have a pioneer deck with monitor, so you can see the reverse image in the deck screen.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! thats crazy thats my only option??? no other company's make shocks that will work???

i was hopeing to spend a little less than that
Wait a sec, I thought that kit you bought came with R9000XL shocks. Why don't you want to install them? They're a pretty good shock. Is it because of the adjustable ****? Set them all to the "5" setting (middle setting) and install your lift. You may want to make another adjustment after a few hundred miles but that's all you need to do...at least that's what *I* am planning on doing.
But there should be no need to spend the money if you don't need to or replace a perfectly good adjustable shock with one that you cannot adjust AND spend the money.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
ATOM-
sounds like and awsome set up cant wait to see some pictures!

Stove Top-
unfortunatly when i put the rears on (since it was easy to install all that) the shocks performed as if they were blown so i figured just turn them to position 9 and problem solved that was not the case they still were very weak and lead me to belive that there time has come to be thrown away i do not know how or why they are like that but there is not much i can do :/

Old 03-10-2009, 07:26 PM
ATOM-
sounds like and awsome set up cant wait to see some pictures!

Stove Top-
unfortunatly when i put the rears on (since it was easy to install all that) the shocks performed as if they were blown so i figured just turn them to position 9 and problem solved that was not the case they still were very weak and lead me to belive that there time has come to be thrown away i do not know how or why they are like that but there is not much i can do :/
Gotcha, that sucks cause you could've hooked up a cheap set at the TruckFest. Saw you're in San Mateo...that's my hometown! I lived on Shoreview Ave! Although I am in Fremont now, I still call San Mateo my home. I'll keep my eyes out for a set but as ATOM mentioned, the R5000's are a good shock...a bit stiff at first but I liked them on my old lifted Tahoe. I also tried the Rancho RSX shock...these were very nice and not as harsh as the R5000, but not sure if they make a coilover version. Lastly, I was just cruising the 4WheelParts site and the ProComp shocks seem to be much cheaper than the Rancho's but I cannot speak to their ride quality.
Good luck and post pics of your lift when you get it all figured out.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Suspended
pro comp does not make front shocks that will work with a rancho. the lift they sell for the f150 uses stock shocks with a spacer. i don't know if it work buy maybe try using fabtech front shocks, just an idea, no idea if it's possible though.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
alright yea thanks i'll look in to that ans the rs5000 i had them on a yukon a year back and they were great! so i know only down side was it had pressurized shocks so when i put the rs5000 on the whole thing looked lowered and leveled

thanks for all the help

Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor
i need to get Front and Rear shock for my 2004 f150 (newer body stylewith the Rancho 4inch lift. i do not want the adjustable ones with a little dial i have to change i want some that wont be expensive and will get the job done just do not know how to order or what to look for because the Rancho ones i do have, have a much longer spindle in the front compared to stock because they do not use a spacer that is added on top of the whole spindle assembly....

Any help would be great thanks!!!
Originally Posted by ATOM
not really, i read that the bilstein shocks won't work for the front, but they are 400'ish for a set too. nothing is cheap when they know you can scrape your insides because they know you need special shocks. i was gonna put fabtech coils in the front of mine soon, but that is put on hold otherwise i would sell you mine.

Actually the Bilstein stocks will work, but not ones for stock height your lift is over 2". Your option with Bilstein is the 5125's here - http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/bilstein_5125.cfm.

You will have to know the expandable and collapsible lengths you'll need. (your lift manufacturer can let you know this).

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ShockGuys
Actually the Bilstein stocks will work, but not ones for stock height your lift is over 2". Your option with Bilstein is the 5125's here - http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/bilstein_5125.cfm.

You will have to know the expandable and collapsible lengths you'll need. (your lift manufacturer can let you know this).

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
a member on here tried to use them and claimed that it did not work, he said they rested on the bump stops. eitherway, he is gonna be paying a chunk of change for shocks, might as well go with the ranchos IMO

Quick Reply: Rancho 4inch... Shocks?