Im so sorry! Level and body lift kits

Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im so sorry! Level and body lift kits

First off is there a 2 in. leveling kit out there?
second off i want a lift without the lift price so to save some money thought i would put a 2 in leveling kit on to keep the angles somewhat pretty
and add a 3" body lift to give me a little more and then be happy with it!
but tho i have read alot of threads and have even commented on a few i dont usually see a whole lot about body lifts... i see alot of mixed feelings on the topic and im sure i will get the same here but i need to know whats up befor i jump the gun into something ill regret

body lift: ive herd the bumpers go goofie true?
Do you really need to go back and re-torque the bolts every once in a while? even if you did it right the first time?

those are my only real questons i have but any comments you have is what im looking for

What i got.... Ive got a 2005 Reg Cab STX 4x4 its my road baby so no dirt off-roading for me so the only wear and tear it will get is the daily commute

THANKS GUYS AND I APPOLOGISE AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE POSSIBLE REPEAT OF POST Pic's always welcome for better idia and for your showing off pleasure

Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 AM
you can get either a 2 or 2.5 inch leveling kit from autospring. the body lift itself is fairly cheap but the install is very expensive. if you are doing the install yourself then that wont be a problem but if not for the leveling kit, body lift, and install of everything you are probably looking at about $1000. you can get a 6 inch pro comp lift installed for only a few hundred more which is part of the reason you dont see a lot of them. the body lift will come with th parts to raise your bumpers so that wont be a problem. as for retorqueing the bolts i would recommend some type of loctite but it would still be a good idea to go back and check them.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is nothing wrong with a body lift if it's done right. i do know that the f150's body lifts are labor intensive. i would do the suspension lift, way less work from what i heard. if money is tight, just do a leveling kit and 35's.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Once everything is said and done, the body lift and leveling with intallation with be close to the price of a basic 6'' suspension lift.

You can look at my album for picture, that my exact setup, well almost. 2.5'' leveling kit + body lift + aal.

As for re-torque the bolt, i had my body lift on the truck for 1.5 years and didn't botter to do it. My bumper aren't goffie looking, well look at my album and you'll see.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
It's gonna depend on how much money you want to sink into your truck. As others stated, body lift installs are a pain to install, and most shops charge quite a bit because of this.

What size wheels/tires are you planning on running?

- NCSU

Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. The body lift/leveling kit combo is a great value if you can do the installation yourself.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
well when you say its a pain in the a** how bad? hours i understand anything on the body will be rusty and not wanting to budge but i already have a 3in leveling kit i think im going to drop down to a 2 in level and just cut and reweld me struts so my cvs will be ok cuz my truck had such a rake to it the 3 made it look good but the cv boots are busting on me every 6 7 months and that sucks tho i am a beast at replacing them it still sucks lol i would be doing the body lift myself so that being said how much labor we talking about with the install

Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
And i have 33 micky t's but when i wore those out i would go 35's no reason to throw good tires away

Old 03-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skyliftstx05
well when you say its a pain in the a** how bad? hours i understand anything on the body will be rusty and not wanting to budge but i already have a 3in leveling kit i think im going to drop down to a 2 in level and just cut and reweld me struts so my cvs will be ok cuz my truck had such a rake to it the 3 made it look good but the cv boots are busting on me every 6 7 months and that sucks tho i am a beast at replacing them it still sucks lol i would be doing the body lift myself so that being said how much labor we talking about with the install
do not do that, that's nuts! i thank god we don't like in the same state, that is stupid and very unsafe. just do it right or don't do it at all. besides cutting your struts won't do anything for your cv angles

as for the body lift, i heard 12 hrs of labor to install one.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by °°Pat°°
Once everything is said and done, the body lift and leveling with intallation with be close to the price of a basic 6'' suspension lift.
Local market labor rates may vary. But at the end of the day, you are better off with getting the basic, Stage 1 lift, for just about the same amount of money. The body lift is still an option after your suspension lift, if 6" is not enough for you. Are you the kind of guy who wants more than 6"?

The average guy has six inches!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
hahaha Atom i posted that but in all likelyhood would never do that.... just threw it up there for a response like that but unbelivebly my local offroad performance shop sugjested I do that... Said he would do it himself nuts i know!good and safe hahaha

Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Fifty150
Local market labor rates may vary. But at the end of the day, you are better off with getting the basic, Stage 1 lift, for just about the same amount of money. The body lift is still an option after your suspension lift, if 6" is not enough for you. Are you the kind of guy who wants more than 6"?

The average guy has six inches!
I had a freaking deal on mine, so i can't say anything wrong.

950$ canadien for part and installed.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:52 AM
just do the 6" lift. its better overall for everything. and it looks better, and you can crank it to 8" if you want in the future. if its your baby and you care about it and the way it looks, you should do the 6" lift. dont cheap out on something you have a passion for just because you dont feel like waiting to save up the money.

just my 02 cents.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I plan on going the AS 2.5" + PA 3" route. I can get all the parts and have everything installed for right at $850. Later I plan on adding the Fabtech 6", re-gearing, and running 37's. I have run the double lift before on my old Ranger, and I never had a problem with the body lift.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:12 AM
your going to have to run 38's. otherwise its going to look goofy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im so sorry! Level and body lift kits