Rancho 4inch PLUS leveling kit...help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho 4inch PLUS leveling kit...help!

i am currently running a 3inch HBS leveling kit and in the rear i added a one inch block.
i just bought a rancho 4inch lift kit for $340.00 off a guy who had it on his truck for only a week and went up to a 6inch. it also came with RS9000.

my question is i plan on adding the 3inch leveling kit on top of the rancho but dont know how to get the back level.... would i need to get a bigger block?(what size) or should i add a add a leaf? OR possibly even a smaller shackle to lift it? i was wondering if any one has done anything similar and what they have done.

also where i could get some brake lines as my kit did not come with any.

thanks!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you do not want to add a 3 inch kit on top of a rancho, the angles will be horrible, but if you must, then get a taller block for the rear.

the brake lines are from russell.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
well im just trying to do it with out spending a lot...anyways what size block?

Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Suspended
it depends on what look your after, you spend it now and do it right on the front end or you spend it when it wears out prematurely, eitherway you will spend it.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:01 AM
That guy in Cali finnally sold that kit on craigslist. I was gonna buy it but he didnt want to ship it. Glad it worked out for you. And I would definitely go with a 2 inch leveling kit with the rancho, 3 inches is too much. Listen to ATOM and the other knowledgable members. As for the back either a taller block or go with an add-a-leaf. You can get a spacer and add-a-leaf off ebay for like $200.

Last edited by ride_002000; 03-02-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 AM
well i want as much as possible... so i am curious about what i should do or what has worked for people in the past...what size add a leaf and what size block? i don't really want to install the front with out doing the back...or at least having the parts...

Also yea the lift is from cali funny thing is my gf's friend lives down the street from the guy! and she ended up partying with him once or something ...but he really had no idea what he was talking about let a long selling!! his loss my gain i guess!

also what kinds of numbers (lift) are people seeing from his lift? and then on top with the leveling kit what kind of numbers? and did most people simply put an add a leaf or ?

thanks

Last edited by scapesinc; 03-02-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: more
Old 03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Suspended
well i got over 5 inches of lift from it, some got 4, so you can yield anywhere from 7-8 inches of lift, depending on the spacer.

add-a-leaf is what i would do, you don't want too tall of block, but blocks are easier to install.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
alright thanks yea the local truck show is here so i was going to go down there and try and get some deals im thinking probably just get a 5inch block and the brake lines i need and if its still not high enough i will get an add a leaf but i can do that later on down the road.....

Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I too saw this kit and passed on it...the guy just seemed a little out of it! But good luck to you and post your progress. As for the 4" Rancho that I ended up with, I hope to have it installed by the end of March. I went to the 4WheelParts TruckFest in San Mateo on Saturday and picked up a set of 35x12.5r18 ProComp Xtreme AT's for just over a grand. Now that I have my rubber, I am ready for my install so we'll see how it goes.

Did you end up going to the TruckFest to get what you needed?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
well i went to truck fest unaware it closed at 3!!!! so no one was there because it was like 2:45... so i was unable to get anything i was looking from some Ubolts and some Brake lines and possibly black head lamps but no luck

but yea the guy with this rancho 4inch was a little out of it he had no idea what anything was !

Old 03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by scapesinc
well i went to truck fest unaware it closed at 3!!!! so no one was there because it was like 2:45... so i was unable to get anything i was looking from some Ubolts and some Brake lines and possibly black head lamps but no luck

but yea the guy with this rancho 4inch was a little out of it he had no idea what anything was !
Funny cause I didn't know they closed at 3:00! My normal routine is to bust ***** on Saturday, then make the final deals on Sunday. Since I bought my tires on Sat, I never went back on Sun! But I always have a great time there. Where are you located? You can always hit Valley Truck in Castro Valley (I think Custom Trucks Unlimited out of Livermore now owns it, but not sure), or 4Wheel Parts in Oakland on 12th.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM
i have a local truck shop but ended up using the ubolts i had they worked! but im located in san mateo so 4 wheel parts is always easy to get to ...thanks though!

Quick Reply: Rancho 4inch PLUS leveling kit...help!