Replace stock block with 2'' lift shakle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replace stock block with 2'' lift shakle?

Is it posible to replace the stock 2'' block with a 2'' or 3'' lift shakle?

What would be the advantage from doing to?

Thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
lift shackles are very easy to install, and arent expensive to buy. however, im not sure what sizes are available. i have 1.5" lift shackles on my truck, and i got about 1" lift in the rear from them. i use them to offset the "nose high" look that the lift gives, since i like a little bit of rake.

i think that if you take the stock block out, you will not gain those 2" back from a lift shackle, unless you can find a 3" shackle.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
you wont find a 3" shackle for these trucks. the way they have them set up is the leaf swings above the shackle mount instead of underneith it. by doing this you would have to find a shorter shackle than the stock one to lift it, a longer one will lower it.

The ford rangers work the opposite way where the shackle mount is set up so the leaf will swing under it so a longer shackle wil lift it.

Or you can cut off the mount thats on the frame and weld it on the opposite way so the leaf hangs under it and then a drop shackle will then lift you up.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
you wont find a 3" shackle for these trucks. the way they have them set up is the leaf swings above the shackle mount instead of underneith it. by doing this you would have to find a shorter shackle than the stock one to lift it, a longer one will lower it.

The ford rangers work the opposite way where the shackle mount is set up so the leaf will swing under it so a longer shackle wil lift it.

Or you can cut off the mount thats on the frame and weld it on the opposite way so the leaf hangs under it and then a drop shackle will then lift you up.
How much work do you thing it would need to cut it and weld it back on the opposite way?

And would the truck ride better without the stock block or i would be wasting time and money?

Last edited by °°Pat°°; 02-28-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:22 PM
dont waste your time or money.

shackle lifts really do you no good. youll see no difference in ride and the shackle will flatten your leaf spring out.

there is nothing wrong with the block in there. if you want a stiffer suspension take the block out and throw an add-a-leaf in its place.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by chiefFX4
dont waste your time or money.

shackle lifts really do you no good. youll see no difference in ride and the shackle will flatten your leaf spring out.

there is nothing wrong with the block in there. if you want a stiffer suspension take the block out and throw an add-a-leaf in its place.

I already have the aal and want to take it out. That's why i thought about the shackle lift to keep my little rake. But i guess a 3'' block would be better.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you want an honest answer as to what is the best, a whole new custom lift leaf spring pack from a company such as alcan, atlas, or deaver.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by minimonster17
if you want an honest answer as to what is the best, a whole new custom lift leaf spring pack from a company such as alcan, atlas, or deaver.
Doesn't it soften the ride and at the sametime affect the payload capacity?

Quick Reply: Replace stock block with 2'' lift shakle?