Got my Fat Bob's 3" Level On ! ! ! Tips too!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Fat Bob's 3" Level On ! ! ! Tips too!

Hey guys!
I'm in the 3" Fat Bob's Club as of 4 PM Today!

I used a sticky for a little bit of help, but ran into several other little problems or hiccups rather.

1.) When loosening the sway bar you may need to swap out your 18mm deep socket for an Open end wrench and a set of vice grips. You can use the right size socket for the end of the bolt but the area is cramped and I had better luck with the grips as you can use them to grip parallel and turn the nut with the open end 18.

2.) Do one side at a time. if you get ahead of yourself and undo both sway bar bolts it tends to roll back and is a bear to line back up.

3.) The strut isnt easy to slide out. Dont be fooled.

4.) The strut doesnt go back in easily. Dont be fooled. Its actually a real pain to line back up. Once you get it close, use a large flat head and lodge it on the underside of the strut. Its great for prying, and great for keeping in place.

5.) You'll need a 3 Lb sledge. You WILL NOT be able to slide the 1 1/16" bolt back in as easy as it came out! ! ! Get it as close as possible, using the flat head method from above and pound it GENTLY back through with a small sledge.

Thats all the additional tips I have for now!

I'll get before and after pictures up tomorrow. I'm excited! I think its a major improvement! It'll hold me over until I get a full 6"! ha ha

Hope this info is helpful!

Thanks,

Guy

Old 02-27-2009, 01:12 AM
once you do it once or twice it becomes a little easier than you think
i put a leveling kit on my buddies truck 3 nights ago in 45 mins.

i put my coilovers in, in about 35 mins. you dont need to take off the sway bar end link. and it was only hard because you were using a 3" leveling kit.

but congrats on it!

post pics!

Old 02-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Yeah I'm sure half an inch makes a difference... shoot I think 1/4'' would have made things easier.

I know what you mean about the experience. I was Pleasantly surprised that it only took about 3 hours. I'm sure I could cut that in half if I did another one tomorrow.

I'll get pictures up tomorrow. =)

Quick Reply: Got my Fat Bob's 3" Level On ! ! ! Tips too!