ReadyLift vs. spring spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ReadyLift vs. spring spacers

Looking into the leveling kits. I read the reviews on the ReadyLift front leveling kit and all the reviews boast how the kit has not affected the OEM ride smoothness. The difference in this kit is that they change out the torsion key, where as, lets say, the Daystar Comfortride kit, adds spring spacers. The difference in price is 229$(ReadyLift) compared to 40$(Daystar). Now obviously its cheaper to go with the spacers, but is it that noticeable in the ride difference to validate spending the extra $$ ? Has anyone installed a ReadyLift kit or Daystar kit ? Looking for pros or cons.

I will be adding and add-a-leaf kit as well to the rear, probably the ProComp long style kit. If this makes a difference in choosing a front leveling kit, please let me know before I make a decision. Thanks

Old 02-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are comparing products for two different suspension systems. The 97-03 F-150 4x4's have torsion bars. The 97-03 F-150 4x2's have coilsprings. What do you have? 4x4 or 4x2?
Also, the torison bar adjustment keys have to be the biggest ripoff in the history of automotive accessories.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
You are comparing products for two different suspension systems. The 97-03 F-150 4x4's have torsion bars. The 97-03 F-150 4x2's have coilsprings. What do you have? 4x4 or 4x2?
Also, the torison bar adjustment keys have to be the biggest ripoff in the history of automotive accessories.

Oh, sorry about that. I have 4x2 unfortunately. I didnt realize the difference between the two drives. Thanks for the clarification. So I take it by your response, that the ReadyLift is not a personal favorite of yours.

This certainly makes my decision alot cheaper then. I am only looking to add about 1.5-2" up front for future tire change out/upgrade. So would this be my best alternative ? I am adding the AAL for increased payload mainly, but I know it will raise the rear some, thats also why I am asking about the front suspension. I guess I should replace my shocks with a good pair of Bilsteins while I'm at it ?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with the Daystar spacers. I'd also install a set of adjustable camber bolts while you are at it. Some people need them to get the camber set within specs and some don't. They are only about $40 so you may as well install them while you are at it.
Also, upgrading shocks is always a good idea.
As for Ready Lift, they seem to make quality products, but they appear to be way, way overpriced. I'm not a fan of aftermarket torsion bar adjustment keys no matter who makes them.

Quick Reply: ReadyLift vs. spring spacers