body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
body lift?

i have the 6'' pro comp on my 06 screw and looking to install a 3'' body lift to help fit the 37's just ordered. was wondering how difficult it would be? found a place about 3hrs south siad they would for $500 plus kit. good deal? any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited by seclineman; 02-25-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 PM
From what I've gathered here on the forum, the earlier style f150s were easier to do the BL install on. When it comes to the BL on the 04-08s, it appears to be quite the PITA and time consuming. I haven't done one myself but I know there are some on the site that have. Although I cannot think of them off the top of my head, I'll try to find their threads on their installs so you can get a better idea.

Last edited by Indo; 02-25-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 PM
I had a buddy put in a body lift kit on his chevy, to lift it 3 inches. The whole process took him about a day and a half. Thats counting hours. Hardest part was removing corroded bolts out of the body and bumper. Then forgetting to disconnect wires caused some trouble. But if you remember to do all of that ahead of time, it should be a little easier. But if your not much of a do it yourselfer, i'd just say take it to a shop. Save you some grief.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Alright well i just spend a good half hour or so looking for that body lift install thread but I was unable to find it. Hopefully someone else will have it bookmarked or remember better where it is.

It had a black truck that I believe was in the 04-08 range. He installed it in a bay that charged him something like 5$ a day and he got to use their tools as well. It had plenty of pictures. One last detail was that he was a military guy.

I hope that'll click in someones head and they'll be able to post it but if it's not here by tomorrow afternoon I'll make sure to find it for you.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

$500 if every cheap for that install most people i know want to charge around 800 for labor on that body lift....a buddy helped me/ let me use his shop in return for making a website for him...

Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 AM
dont do a body lift. buy some coilovers or bilsteins and crank them 2" to get the lift for the 37's

Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
how labor intensive is the bilstein install and aal?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by seclineman
how labor intensive is the bilstein install and aal?
Not much and you can do it yourself. It's easy to install coil over or shock and aal.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
the only thing you ill need for the bilstein install is a spring compressor, and even if you dont wanna do it yourself i have seen people on here get that set up done for around 250

Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Indo
Alright well i just spend a good half hour or so looking for that body lift install thread but I was unable to find it. Hopefully someone else will have it bookmarked or remember better where it is.

It had a black truck that I believe was in the 04-08 range. He installed it in a bay that charged him something like 5$ a day and he got to use their tools as well. It had plenty of pictures. One last detail was that he was a military guy.

I hope that'll click in someones head and they'll be able to post it but if it's not here by tomorrow afternoon I'll make sure to find it for you.
Yeah that would be me that he is talking about. I did the install myself on the truck in a garage bay on base that only charged me $3/HR for garage fees and free tool usage. They also had a weld shop there too that i paid $23 for them to weld back my rear bumper. So overall the total install cost me about $100 to do myself. But heres the link to it so hopefully it answers alot of your questions and you can also go to my page and look in my album to see all the pics from the install.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...t-install.html

Heres A Pic of after but i dont have my 37s on there yet or gap guards bc im in iraq right now and trying to get them sent over an a buddy to put them on right now.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
man that truck is bad a**! love it! basicly same setup im going for. great write up on the bodylift very informative. answered alot of my questions. did you regear for the 37's? if not what gears you running 3:55 or 3:73? also to all you senior members out there how neccessary is it to regear? my truck is a mall queen never sees mud. get back to me, thanks

Old 02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by seclineman
man that truck is bad a**! love it! basicly same setup im going for. great write up on the bodylift very informative. answered alot of my questions. did you regear for the 37's? if not what gears you running 3:55 or 3:73? also to all you senior members out there how neccessary is it to regear? my truck is a mall queen never sees mud. get back to me, thanks

Right now i still have 35s on there as you can see in the 2 pics in my last post. But im in iraq right now and have a buddy gettiny my 37s put on for me and gonna be possibly doing a solid axle swap on this truck so im not sure about putting new gears in it bc it will be just a waste of money sense the axles i have now will just be sold. But other options are opening up and may just keep this truck and re gear to 4.88 and replace my 6inch with a 12 inch rize and keep this as a daily driver. Yes i do have 3.73s right now. But if i do get the 12 inch lift to replace my 6inch i will be adding 40s. But for you yes get re geared and go with 4.88 even if its a street queen bc there may be that one day you decide to go out and play and if not thats fine but with 4.88s it will take alot of stress of your tranny and tear other stuff up. But some guys here also went with 37s but didnt re gear till a couple months after which was fine just dont be a jack *** on your truck and take it easy until you get it done

Old 02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Yup, mhockey was the guy I was referring to. Well, glad that got taken care of. Good luck with whatever you choose to go with and post pics when you're done!

Sweet truck mhockey! Nice job on the install as well.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Indo
Yup, mhockey was the guy I was referring to. Well, glad that got taken care of. Good luck with whatever you choose to go with and post pics when you're done!

Sweet truck mhockey! Nice job on the install as well.
Thanks Man. I got plans for this truck to be sitting on 46s when i come home or pay this off and keep it as a daily driver and buy a f250 and doing a solid axle swap and run 49s and use that for whenever. So right now it up in the air on whats gonna happen.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just got bilsteins installed for $416 if you want a price on this option

Quick Reply: body lift?