Need your help guys.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need your help guys.

Hey everyone i need your help. Just about a week or so ago my truck started to make a popping or clunking noise coming from the front end. It seems to only do it when im turining and backing up at the same time. I have no clue where the noise is coming from so i need some opinions.

Oh and my truck is a 2005 FX4 with a 6in. RCD, 35.1250.17 Toyo M/T's, 17inch eagle alloys, 4.56 Yukons, Roush Off-Road Exhaust and Volant intake.

Thanks guys!
-Mike!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
hey, i have the same lift and tire size as you.... what have you checked so far? i would start by checking the ball joints, and then all of the bolts up front.

i have had my lift for just over a year now, and the only problems i have had is the lower control arm bolts loosening up, and also the front driveshaft bolts loosening up where it mounts to the transfer case

take a loook around to start with, and see if anything obvious presents itself.

by the way, how do you like the 4.56 gears? i still have the stcok 3.55's, and am thinking about upgrading them.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by mattd17
hey, i have the same lift and tire size as you.... what have you checked so far? i would start by checking the ball joints, and then all of the bolts up front.

i have had my lift for just over a year now, and the only problems i have had is the lower control arm bolts loosening up, and also the front driveshaft bolts loosening up where it mounts to the transfer case

take a loook around to start with, and see if anything obvious presents itself.

by the way, how do you like the 4.56 gears? i still have the stcok 3.55's, and am thinking about upgrading them.
Hey mattd17 i just took a quick glance under it today and couldn't see anything noticably wrong so tomorrow if i get a chance i will give it a detailed look. And i really like my gears! My gas milage is great with the new gears, even on highway!

Quick Reply: Need your help guys.