Sounds like something tearing on front

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like something tearing on front

When I turn the wheels all the way to the left I hear a loud noise like something is tearing on the drivers side of my truck. It's an 06 4x2 STX with AS 2" spacers, could it be my ball joints going....anyone have any suggestions. I apologize if this question has been asked and answered....

Last edited by kaboooom71; 02-22-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Hard to say, but when the wheel is turned "all the way", there is a steering stop built into the suspension and this is metal to metal. So, when you hit bumps, or go into a driveway with the wheel all the way, it will cause a noise. You can apply wheel bearing grease and see if it goes away. The "stop" is on the rear of the knuckle assy and is a half moon shape molded into the knuckle and contacts a point on the lower control arm.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for replying....I will check that.....and see if I can grease it.......you think it might get worse....anything else I might need to check

Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Actually, what I talked about is normal. Sometimes the steering goes a little farther to one side than the other. Nothing to worry about if that is what it is.

Quick Reply: Sounds like something tearing on front