equal lenth beams help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
equal lenth beams help please

I am building a 1995 prerunner F150 2WD and have a few questions concerning my front end.

I want to replace my I beams with extended bent equal lenth beams. I have heard that i will need heim joints for this I was hoping someone can tell me what kind and how many.

I also need extended radius arms so I need to know how many heims and what kind I will need for that.

what would I need for steering if I go with this set up?

Also lol if my F150 can use ranger extended radius arms and if year made really makes a differance and if 4x4 makes a differance.

appretiate any help if you're experienced in this kind of stuff. thanks

Old 02-22-2009, 05:41 AM
anyone? No one builds anything like this on this site only A arm trucks for street looks and not off road preformance or what ? maybe I should post in off road not after market threads?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:18 AM
I've never set one up. I did look into long travel beam setups before I decided to do an SAS on my 93 explorer though. Looking around it looks like you could bet on 2 heims for the beams, 2 for the radius arms. The camburg parts below use 1 1/4" joints at the radius arms and the beams. For the steering you'll probably want to look into swing set or crossover steering setups like what is seen here http://crlong01.www7.50megs.com/steering.htm

Camburg parts
http://www.camburg.com/fordsibeamf150p.html

Ex

For more resources with these kind of suspension check out
http://race-dezert.com/home/
and the desert racing forum on www.pirate4x4.com/forum

Last edited by Code; 02-22-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 AM
much appretiated

Old 02-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Your gonna need alot, and big one's, Most kits should come with them, equal lentgh is gonna require equal lenght steerinf as well. another 4 heims. At least 7/8 wich are about $70 a piece. No you cant use ranger radius arms, they will have to be custom.

oh, and A-arms perform alot better in the desert than i-beams, I-beams give you more travel, and cheaper, but not clean travel, you have alot more camber change and bump steer.

Pretty much start savin your $$$ cause equal lengtgh is expensive, but the right way to go.. Look at this site..and read and learn.

www.dezertranges.com

Quick Reply: equal lenth beams help please