Eibach Pro-Truck Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach Pro-Truck Kit

Hi All,
I just ordered the Eibach Pro-Truck 2/3 lowering kit and their Pro-Damper Shocks as well.
Did a lot of searching and watching threads about lowering trucks and finally settled on this setup.
Don't know if I will get the Groundforce Lowering Shackles yet or not.
There is a lot great info here in these forums and I thank everyone who has posted in these, to help others.

Thanks again,
John

Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the exact setup plus the 1" Eibach shackles for a 4" rear drop. With the dampers, my truck almost rides stock. My wife can't tell the difference in the ride and that says alot. You'll love it. Check out the Street Scene thread. Full of pics and advice. - Og

Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Did you install it yourself or have it done?
I understand that you have cut the left front hanger bolt off or drop the gas tank to get the spring off.
I think that I will see how I like the looks and function of 2/3 before I get the other shackles.
Anticipation is difficult, but I can do it.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by shawneeman
I understand that you have cut the left front hanger bolt off or drop the gas tank to get the spring off.
I think that I will see how I like the looks and function of 2/3 before I get the other shackles.
You're more confident than I am. I took my truck to a shop. I didn't have the help nor the right tools for the job. Very satsified, though. The gas tank did have to be dropped. The installer told me they dropped the exhaust, also. Good luck! - Og

Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
If I stare at it long enough I will figure it out. Then with a few libations on hand, I will delve into it. Right now I am thinking where I am going to do this operation, as my garage is kind of half full of junk. I think that I am going to need the whole garage floor for this one. Just have to keep telling myself that a human engineered this, so another human can do it too.
Just take my time and not throw too many wrenches at the walls.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by shawneeman
Either that or lower the tank to get that bolt out. That's what Patman03sprcrw and I did to get mine out. Pretty easy as long as the tank isn't full.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I did mine in about 2 1/2 hours in a driveway with some hand tools and a small compressor and yes i dropped the tank and exhaust too but reinstalled the bolts backwards just incase i ever have to bring her back up and wont need to drop the tank again.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Screw-Me-05
I did mine in about 2 1/2 hours in a driveway with some hand tools and a small compressor and yes i dropped the tank and exhaust too but reinstalled the bolts backwards just incase i ever have to bring her back up and wont need to drop the tank again.
That's what we did too.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
That's what we did too.
I know i saw the pics you and pat did unfortunately i did not take pics at that time. Plus i have the 1 piece DS and it was a breeze

Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you take a sawzall to the bolt head and then remove it and replace with a new grade 8 bolt and nut. Have not looked at the clearance around the bolt and tank area yet to see if this is possible.
If I did just cut the bolt, I would loosen the bolt up so I could get enough room for the blade to go between the head and the hanger and then pull out the remaining bolt with the nut.
Guess I will have to get under and see what is up.
If you guys said you dropped the tank and it was not too bad, I will keep that idea in my mind as well.
Thank you,
John

Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Make sure your close to empty and a friend with an extra pair of hands is always helpfull

Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 AM
That will take me a while get close to empty since I don't drive it everyday, only live about 10 miles from work, and have a 36ga tank. I keep it well above 1/2 tank most of the time.
Guess I need to take a road trip soon then.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Good luck, dude. Post pics. - Og

Old 02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I can't believe it!
The parts are here already!
Got them in less than 48 hours. Wife called around 1 pm to tell me that :santa: was a couple of months late but he finally did make it with my parts.
Now I just have to wait for some good weather and possibly bribe my BIL to help me. He used to wrench on cars when he was younger like most of us did.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Yea when we did stealth's truck we put a floor jack under the gas tank with a 4x6 timber to support the weight across the tank. We loosened the straps and slid it forward and towards the center of the truck until we could get the bolt out. Actually never had to "lower" the gas tank, just kept it on the jack and moved it around as necessary.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Truck Kit