I want to get rid of my blocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to get rid of my blocks

right now i have 5" blocks and a 2" add a leaf. I want to get rid of the blocks so I want to get a whole Leaf spring. but which one? I have been looking on the internet and cant seem to figure out which one to get. also, i have seen on a couple that it will tell me something like "5-8" of lift" does this mean they are adjustable or does it mean that it just depends on the applications and i could get it and only have 5" of lift on my truck?

So if someone knows where i should get these springs and which ones to get, please let me know any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Deaver, Atlas or National are all big name custom leaf companies. Im running deavers 4" leaf pack, but they netted me 6" of lift. Custom leaf packs are very expensive, i would have loved to have gone with a 10" leaf pack but not for the prices they wanted. Ill just say my kings cost considerably less than 10" leaf packs would have. My deavers are very smooth and have excellent flex, but put them under load and you will sag like no bodies business. Id recommend going with one of the three i mentioned. You can see my deavers and the install in my gallery or if you search for a user by the name of "alchemy" you can see what national springs look like. What kind of springs you would order depends on what you want them to do. Give me some more info and i can try an point you in the right direction. ie do you tow alot or do you offroad alot...etc...etc..

Old 12-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Deaver, Atlas or National are all big name custom leaf companies. Im running deavers 4" leaf pack, but they netted me 6" of lift. Custom leaf packs are very expensive, i would have loved to have gone with a 10" leaf pack but not for the prices they wanted. Ill just say my kings cost considerably less than 10" leaf packs would have. My deavers are very smooth and have excellent flex, but put them under load and you will sag like no bodies business. Id recommend going with one of the three i mentioned. You can see my deavers and the install in my gallery or if you search for a user by the name of "alchemy" you can see what national springs look like. What kind of springs you would order depends on what you want them to do. Give me some more info and i can try an point you in the right direction. ie do you tow alot or do you offroad alot...etc...etc..
mostly i will be doing on road so i want a comfortable ride. But i will hardly ever do any towing...and if i would, it would be with a small 8' trailer with like my 4 wheeler or dirt bikes or maybe a deer blind or something. so nothing real heavy. but i do plan on doing more off roading eventually but it definetly wont be anything ridiculous hard core or anything. just weekend wheeling.

Quick Reply: I want to get rid of my blocks