RIZE Lift problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIZE Lift problem

Just wondering if any of you with the RIZE 8 inch lift have had a similar problem.

I had the Lift installed about a year ago and has since developed a "squeak" when turning the wheel.

Took it to my local "Stealership" and they found that one of the bearings in the SLIDE part of the lift is going /is bad.

I always tried to keep them greased but failed to do so in the last 6 months or so.

It looks like I must contact RIZE for a possible replacement bearing (roller) .

Long story short -- has this bearing (roller) failed on anyone else and if so how hard was it to replace.

Heissmann

Old 08-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

ive had no problems with it, never even greased them. i did not know you where supposed to. I do have a terrible knock when driving down ruff roads (i suspect ball joints) and a pop when turning (Also suspect ball joints).

Old 08-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FX4life
ive had no problems with it, never even greased them. i did not know you where supposed to. I do have a terrible knock when driving down ruff roads (i suspect ball joints) and a pop when turning (Also suspect ball joints).
Check the sway-bar brushings where the sway-bar connects to the LCA. I had a brushing tear off and it made these exact noises. Its a relatively cheap fix as well.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
Check the sway-bar brushings where the sway-bar connects to the LCA. I had a brushing tear off and it made these exact noises. Its a relatively cheap fix as well.
ill have to check them out, especially if its cheaper than ball joints.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 AM
i have a problem with my rize... its on back order haha. i was supposed to have it last wednesday and now they say it could be a week or two. i have my wheels and tires though

Quick Reply: RIZE Lift problem