Bilstein Customer service A+ and a question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Bilstein Customer service A+ and a question

Well around a month or 2 ago I had the 5100 leveling shocks put on my truck. I noticed lately that there seemed to be some kind of rattle. While changing my oil yesterday I decided to take a look at the shocks. I noticed on the passenger side shock the nut that goes on the top of the shock was not the same as the drivers side. Apparently the shop used one of the nuts from the AS leveling kit instead of the new nut that came with the shock. To top it off the nut wasn't even tight I could spin it freely. I called the shop and they didn't have much to say. So I called bilstein and told them what had happened and they are sending a me a new nut free of charge!!!! That's what I call customer service I just asked the for the specs on it so I could buy one and said don't worry well send you one.

Now to my question is it ok to put that new nut on with out taking the spring/shock assembly back out? I'm not sure if the spring needs to be compressed a certain amount to get the nut all the way on or not. From the way it looks I think I should be ok as long as the truck is siting in the ground with the weight of the truck compressing the spring.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Bilstein Customer service A+ and a question