Help with leveling kit....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:04 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with leveling kit....

....hey fellas! Haven't been here for a LONG while, but I'm back, and I hope you all are well.

Here's my quandary. I did a search for "level kit", "leveling kit", "level", and "leveling", and didn't get a clear-cut answer to my question. I figure it'll be easier/quicker to just ask anyways. I have a 1998 F-150 4x4 extended cab short bed, and I want to install a leveling kit. It LOOKS like it's as simple as taking off the wheels, expanding the springs, and inserting the locks. Is it? What do I need to know before hand? What tools will I need?

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to suspension issues, so any help is appreciated in advance.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:09 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Well...

....I just realized I posted this in the wrong place! Sheesh...it's like I'm a newbie again!

I'll copy and paste it in the right place....mods, feel free to delete this one.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm no expert but, just from what i've read on here; you can't put on a level kit on your model truck. You do have torsion bars that can be cranked to give you some added lift though.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Gotcha. Thanks Dihlon! I'm in the process of trying to figure out how the heck I go about doing that and what special tools I need to do it.

Quick Reply: Help with leveling kit....