6" Fabtech Suspension 3" Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" Fabtech Suspension 3" Body

Im installing a lift on my truck, 2004 F150 FX4, but Im pressed for time. Im wondering how long it will take and what hours I need to be prepared for.
6" Fabtech Suspension lift kit
3" Body lift kit
38"/15.50/R18 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials
18" Mickey Thompson Classic Lock

Im hearing that me not having electric fans will be a major problem, and the body lift is a lot of work. Any comments are helpful, thanks!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
have you actually BOUGHT this stuff yet?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes.
6" just came in Tuesday. Everything else is already in.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Well, the Fabtech 6" lift generally takes me about 8-9 hours to install (that driving it in, setting it up, and opening the boxes and starting) , but I do move slow-ish and always have a problem getting the front dif to fit perfectly. So, I put it in, take it out, adjust as necessary, and repeat until I am happy.

Mount and balance tires takes minutes and is easy as pie, if you have the tools. Otherwise take it down somewhere and they should have em done in about 20 min.

Body lift will be a PITA for ya though. The bed bolt are what gets stuck, and hard to remove. I would put aside an entire weekend for that install. Usually a double day-er. Get a couple buddies to help with this part also, comes in handy. For the Fabtech, having at least one extra set of arms comes in handy also.

Do you have a bay to work in ? A car lift ? That will make the body work go a little easier. Some peple have a real problem getting there bed and cab to line back up. Just take your time and make sure ya get it right. A bad body lift looks HORRIBLE !! So, do it right and you'll be riding high in no time. Gunna be a sharp looking, big **** truck ! nice.

You re-gear or plan to soon ? Gunna need it to help with those massive tires. I would look into some 4.88's front and rear. Remember front is an 8.8 IFS with REVERSE CUT gears.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah I have a bay and lift, plus all the tools I'll need. I also have a friend who pretty much installs lifts for a living, so he's going to help out. But he usually only does GM. I haven't bought gears yet, I wasn't sure how big to go. I have a good 2 weeks to finish the install. So that will be enough time?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go w/ 4.88 gears, preferably precision, yukon, or ford racing.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
^^^ agreed

ya I think that would be perfect. if I were you I'd do the body lift one weekend, then the suspension lift the next.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
definitely the body lift first, otherwise you're gonna have to be able to jack up pretty damn high to get the body another 3'' off of an already 6'' lifted frame. i just saw a beautiful 04-08 black screw on 37's and a 6''fabtech and 3'' body, i will say for sure you're truck is going to look so badass!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Good! Im very excited to get it installed. I just hope I can get in the dang thing! Im only 5 ft tall!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
So Im still wondering about the electric fan issue?
And I heard I would need to remove all my carpet...? I just want to know what my biggest struggles are going to be so I'll be prepared.

Thanks for all the help, Im a newbie.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by CowboyUpFX4
So Im still wondering about the electric fan issue?
And I heard I would need to remove all my carpet...? I just want to know what my biggest struggles are going to be so I'll be prepared.

Thanks for all the help, Im a newbie.
to access the body bolts you will need to remove or lift up the carpets.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
GET electric fans

Old 08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
everything that needs to be said has been said.

do the suspension first, body lift second. The body lift sucks to put it on, but with help it's easier. Definitely start soaking the bolts now. I only had two bolts that were a royal PITA to get out, but I've heard others had trouble getting almost all of them out.

Definitely regear, my truck is a pig with 38s and stock gearing. I ordered Precision gears (4.88) from ReiderRacing for a pretty good deal. Definitely call up some shops and compare quotes.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 PM
you wont have to pull up all the carpet. you will need to remove the rear seat back and there are 2 bolts exposed back there. then you have to pull up the door jams and the carpet near it to get to those bolts. you dont have to remove any of the seats completely therefor you dont have to pull all the carpet out.

the motor is mounted to the frame the radiator is mounted to the body. when you do a body lift the fan and radiator/fan shroud wont line up. a good body lift kit will include all the parts you need to make it work but its a PITA. if you go to efans it will make the body lift a lot easier but you dont have to do it.

Quick Reply: 6" Fabtech Suspension 3" Body