I forgot it was that tall!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot it was that tall!

I have a question for all you lifted truck owners. I had to put my stock antenna back on this past weekend because the new shorty one broke and today I drove my truck into my work parking garage for the first time since I put the full size mast back on. I took it off because it would drag the ceiling of the garage in places. Well, unbeknownst to me, they have begun moving our exit signs around and in doing so have left lots of wires hanging low. This morning I moved a few of them around with the antenna, nothing damaging but it got me to thinking….. I only have a 2.5AS so far and already have some issues with my garage and my work garage…

What's the stupidest thing you have done with your truck after lifting it. Drive it into your garage only to forget that it no longer fits? Hit the clearance sign at Whataburger? I know someone out there has done something like this because I have seen it happen. I need a good laugh so spill the beans please. Not my story but one I saw in person that was pretty funny….

Late 90's Chevy flying through an underground parking garage. I could hear him long before I saw him. He came around the corner, had to be doing 40MPH. Once he saw the low clearance warning he locked em up but it was too late. He didn't stop in time. The parking garage was split for cars and trucks and he took the car level because he was going too fast and missed the truck turn off. Peeled the roof back about 18 inches and destroyed his windshield. It was really loud in that enclosed area. His wife was 9 kinds of pissed too. Apparently they had been arguing and not paying attention.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

2 years ago we took the truck to Crown Center in KC for the New Years Party.

I tried the garage but I couldn't find a spot and the 3rd floor got low.

It was busy as hell, everyone trying to park. I had to stop, back up, and figure out how to turn around with about 15 BMWs, Mercedes, and Lincolns behind me.

I rubbed the low clearance signs on the way in but figured they just hung them a little lower than the actual clearance! I was wrong.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:39 AM
about a year ago, i stopped at wendys to grab a bite, and i forgot that since i put on my cb whips, i wouldnt fit. well i was really hungry, and i just said screw it, the antennas will bend a little when i go to make the order.
right when i pulled up, they bounced around a little, i made the order, but when i went to pull around to the window, i just heard a snap. when i looked up, my brand new cb antennas were in two pieces, both of them. for some reason the food just didnt taste too good on the way to radio shack to get some new ones. thats why 35s and drive throughs just dont mix anymore.

Quick Reply: I forgot it was that tall!