Getting prepared for the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting prepared for the weekend

Hey guys,
So i picked up my 5.5inch blocks and 2inch AAL all made by pro-comp from the 4wheelparts. I have read writeups on how to install the bilstein 5100's and that wont be a problem. And blocks wont be a problem at all either. My biggest concern is that i dont know how to add a leaf, and i havent read any writeups about that. The box came with no instructions. just two leaf springs curved alot more than my factory springs and some big bolts. Could anyone help me who has done this before or even if anyone has a link to a writeup or anything would be much appreciated. thanks for looking out guys

Old 07-12-2008, 08:40 PM
add-a-leafs are not hard to install.... but some trucks do take some time to do. they will be installed in the leaf pack, by order of length. you might have to remove each leaf pack, or might be able to install them with the leafs still hanging. use a clamp and keep the leaf pack compressed and then remove the center bolts. then loosen the clamp and install the add-a-leaf.

then just do everything in reverse, and you will be done.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor
thanks for your help. i got it all done this weekend. the rear end only took me a couple of hours to do. including getting the new u-bolts made.

Quick Reply: Getting prepared for the weekend