pool in my truck bed

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation pool in my truck bed

ok this saturday is the toby keith concert and a bunch of ppl are goin out there with me and were tryin to figure out how to make a pool in my truck bed we ran a trial with that plastic that painters lay down when they paint it worked pretty good but it sprung a leak after so much water then we were thinking about a big tarp...but the main problem is keeping the water in the bedwe filled the bed half way and drove about 30 feet and lost a 1/4 of the water and then someone cut me off and i had to slam on the breaksso im tryin to figure out how to get to the concert and have water in the truck bed for ppl to sit in cuz its gonna be hot...and how bad would this be on the suspension???ohh and if any of you guys on here will be out at the ford amphitheatre on saturday come on over and join the party

Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
hahahaha only us rednecks think of this kinda stuff!

I dont know how much money you are looking to spend but you could easily lay ALOT of trash bags thoughout the bed and cover that with fiber glass (so it doesnt stick to the bed)

Ive done a few fiber glass projects and its not that difficult when your not doing complicated designs.

OR

Make a box out of plexy-glass or wood and use rubber to seal the corners and seams.
then drop that into then bed fill with water and though a board over the top and ratchet strap it down

Old 06-24-2008, 02:10 PM
ya i was thinkin the whole plexi glass thing as well but ti would get really small but i think i can keep it water tight its just keepin the water in until we get there i dont know were i can get water close wnough to the amphitheater but are you goin out to the concert this saturday

Old 06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
nah wanted to and even had tickets but gave them to a friend since i work a double!

They sell kits that make the bed leak proof to water getting in so why wouldnt that same thing work to keep water in!

after you get the bed leak proof then take a plywood board and cut it to fit the truck bed rail caps. then take some thick semi-soft rubber and glue/nail that around the edges of the board. Then put that on top of the bed and rachet strap that down really tight so that the rubber mashes down and forms a seal this should keep the water in the bed!

Old 06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
I would just find a blow up pool thats about the size of the bed. Bingo, problem solved !

To keep the water in ? I dont know about that one. Maybe bring some big *** tanks in another truck ? lots and lots and lots of water bottles ? hahaha

Maybe bring a hose and try and fill up nearby then just creep to your parkin spot ?

Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
I would just find a blow up pool thats about the size of the bed. Bingo, problem solved !
that would work but its gonna make the actually amount of space very small!

which me not be all that bad...

Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
my brother had a buddy who did this in his f250. i think he used a tarp or maybe that bisqueen stuff and it held up fine.

but like mercedes said, you could just find a bunch of old water jugs and fill them up with water. like maybe get a crap load of old water and milk jugs from everyone you know and fill them all up. it'd keep the water in cause they have tops, and you could just empty them there. but that might take a while..not to mention alota milk jugs haha

good luck man!

Cody

Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 PM
man have you ever hauled liquid? especially open container? the only way to keep it from sloshing out is to create baffles withing the tank to slow down the motion..yeah i make it too technical but that's how milk trucks are designed. (lived on a dairy )

you're going to need 200 gallons of water or more. dude, you're a redneck. i KNOW you got family members just like i do with 50 gallon drums laying around. BOOM!

problem solved. send me a t-shirt

Old 06-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Fish Pond Liner

Old 06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
you mean something like this??????

rednecks but it does sound kinda nice

Old 06-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did that in college in my driveway. We had it filled halfway with water from the shower. We had 7 people in the back with a keg as well. Your suspension will be fine.

If you are feeling courageous, you can open the gate to empty it and bodysurf out of the back.

I am not liable for any broken bones...............

Old 06-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Rednecks are a higher breed of human! Yall just having figured use out yet!

I think the 55 gallon drum would be a good idea, just make sure you lay it on its side. they are kinda hard tip over once full!

Old 06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
^^ I have broken toes to prove it !

Damn 55 gallon oil drums !

Old 06-24-2008, 05:24 PM
thanks for all the feed back and just for everyones information im not a redneck or a hick i just like having fun and doing something that you dont see everyday but ill post pics from the concert

Old 06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by dirt_bound
thanks for all the feed back and just for everyones information im not a redneck or a hick i just like having fun and doing something that you dont see everyday but ill post pics from the concert
you say that like it's a bad thing??

i'm officially offended.

Quick Reply: pool in my truck bed