6" suspension lift issues

Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" suspension lift issues

Im looking into getting a 6" suspension lift for my 06 ext cab f150 4x4 5.4. I have a pretty good mechanical background and pretty much every tool I can think of. what Im asking is about how long would it take the avrage guy to install it from start to finish...are we talking a weekend or a few days? how technical does it get? and what "after install" procedures do I need to get done to it..alighment...etc. so anyone out there who has done this, let me know all the biggest pain in the a$$ situations you encountered with your install please. thanks

Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 PM
i havent ever installed a 6" suspension lift but im getting one installed tomorrow. the place im getting it installed at says that it will take a day and a half. so i would say it would probably take a weekend for you to get it done. and yes you will need to alighnment done.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it took me not even 2 days to put my rancho on after all said and done, would i do it again, maybe. it was easy getting stuff off with only 7000 miles on it, but more time consuming than anything. make sure you got a helper. the worst part of the whole thing is taking the upper diff bolt off, what a PITA. if you have any doubts, i'd let someone else do it. just my opinion.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 PM
If you have another set of hands, some mechanical capability, and are familiar with suspensions you can knock it out in a weekend. Air tools are a big plus! Make sure you have a 12mm 12-point socket for the axles and front drive shaft bolts. Also a 30mm deep socket for the nuts on the lower shock mounts. As stated above the upper diff mount bolt can be a pain, but you can make it easy by loosening the steering rack and go at the bolt from the front with some long extensions. Lifting the front is what takes the most time, you can lift the rear up real quick! You'll need an alignment when your done.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Did mine in a day and a half with air tools, floor jack and jack stands. If it's muddy under her belly wash it. Use some WD 40 a day before you start. Have fun.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my lower shock bolts were bigger than 30mm, i dont know what size they were, but i just used a big cresent wrench. and make sure you have a torque wrench and use loctite. i didnt loctite my caliper bracket mounting bolts and one came loose one day on my way to work, nothing major just scuffed the inside of my rim, but it could have wrecked my day.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I did my procomp in a weekend with a buddy of mine and a case of beer. Air tools did help like everyone said above. I saved the money and did it myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6" suspension lift issues