Please Hepl! Mysterious vibration after towed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Hepl! Mysterious vibration after towed

Last night, I was fortunate enough to have my truck towed by Austin's finest. After recovering my truck, I now have an insane vibration throughout the whole truck mainly between 45-70 mph. No sounds but very bad vibration. I have a 2" leveling kit. I hoping the tow truck just screwed up my alignment right? The tow company said they used a flat bed trailer to tow it. Of course I filed a damage claim and of course they say they have to review the video etc. Now, I have to wait 5 -7 days for them to get back to me if they ever will. I can't wait. So should I take it to a suspension shop or tire shop? Thanks for any help!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
how did they get it on the flat bed? If they drug it on there with a winch w/o dollys under the rear wheels, could be anything, trans-tires. It could be tires just flatspotted wierd from them chaining them down.

How long you in Austin?

Old 06-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If a 4x4, the owners manual states not to tow. Always use a flat bed and have it hauled. I have seen how tow companies for cities tow. It ain't pretty. They will drag a vehicle out from the parking space sideways, then drag it up onto the flat bed. That is for the first vehicle. the second is towed with 2 wheels down. If they towed yours with front wheels down, they have certainly screwed up your IWE's. And maybe TC.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tranny?

I was in town visiting friends. Parked on the street (4th.st.) during a rain storm, didn't see the sign. The tow company said they used a flat bed but I didn't see any flat bed tow trucks at the yard when I picked it up. It wouldn't make sense to use a flat bed. Most of the time I know here in SA they just pick up either the front or back and tow away. It's not 4WD though. I'm getting it checked asap and if it is the tranny, It's time to call a lawyer. Thanks for the info guys.

Quick Reply: Please Hepl! Mysterious vibration after towed