suspension stacking

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suspension stacking

i don't really know if this is a dumb question, please remember that i am only 16 and kind of new to trucks, but in saying that, just to kind of protect myself here is my question.

I currently have a 2.5" autospring and 35" mickey thompson tires. Is it possible to add a short suspension lift to this, such as the skyjacker 3", to get 5 or so inches of lift? would this make the front end higher than the back? or would it stay level?

any recommendations on a short lift? please refrain from telling me to go to a six inch, as i am on a limited budget.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Well for starters if you installed a "small suspension lift" it should stay level... thats only if its a FULL kit which includes springs or a block for the rear.

I think Rancho makes a 4" lift that might fit in your budget!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 3 inch Skyjacker lift is basically a set of longer coilover shocks. You cannot combine this with your AS leveling kit. If you did this, your ball joint angles would be extremely severe, if you could even get the front end bolted back together. The other full suspension lifts on the market (Rancho, RCD, Fabtech, Superlift, etc) use drop down brakcets and new knuckles to keep the ball joint and CV joint angles the same as stock. You could install one of these lifts and stack your AS leveling kit on top of it. The only exception would be the kits (like the standard Pro COmp) that use a huge coilspring spacer instead of a complete new coilover. It is not a good idea to stack these spacers with a leveling kit.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:17 PM
so then my question is, what is the shortest lift that i can use with the spacer?
Or, what is the most inexpensive lift that i can use?

Old 06-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Just do the fabtech basic kit...it'll be worth it.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can also find good prices on the standard 6 inch Pro Comp lift.

Quick Reply: suspension stacking