Need help quick!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help quick!!

im installing a lift on my truck (02 f150 4wd) and the hub nut just will not come off. how tight is that thing supposed to be on there? is the nut threaded normally or left handed?

Old 06-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just replaced all ball joints on my 97 4x4 so had too remove the hub nuts. Mine had a cotter pin which I obviously removed first and I used a 36mm impact socket with a 1/2 inch inpact gun. The 36 mm is not the correct size but was all I had and it worked. They came off rather easy with the impact gun. Removing them with a breaker bar may be more difficult. They are standard righty tighty lefty loosy.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 PM
thanks for the reply. i got it maybe an hour after i posted this (had to run to autozone). picked up a 36mm socket and went to town with the impact. there was no way i was gonna get that at that point without an impact as most of the front had been stripped already so i couldnt put the tires back on.

ive put about 7.5-8 hours in it so far and the front is completely stripped down and im ready to start putting things back together. pain in the *** working by yourself in the driveway. i nearly overexerted myself a few times due to the heat and what not.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 AM
chief what lift you putting on? taking pics of the process along the way i hope haha

Quick Reply: Need help quick!!