Suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions??

my pro comp 6" lift has been on for about 3 weeks now. i am hearing rubbing type noises from the rear in the mornings when leaving. there is no way possible the tires are rubbing anything because i can see they have more than enough clearance in way of the shocks, etc. anyone know what i may can check or have this problem too? it makes the noise backing out of the driveway without the shocks even flexing. it doesn't make the noise when driving forward.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
possibly the e-brake rubbing, something in the diff... hub bearings... kinda a broad topic! Got anything else we can go on?

Old 05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
possibly the e-brake rubbing, something in the diff... hub bearings... kinda a broad topic! Got anything else we can go on?
not really at this moment. i am going to get under the truck tonight and investigate. i really dread bringing it back to the shop. your e-brake suggestion is a good one! btw, it's a two wheel drive.......and i hope for a 2006 model it isn't any bearings

Old 05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
yeah... id doubt it would be bearings... however if you offroad it its a possiblity.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Lay under the truck... have a buddy CAREFULLY back it up, that way you can be under it and see if you can find it. Try putting a hand on something you think is making the noise. See if you can "feel" the noise, see if it maybe stops when your hand is on it. These "noise" questions are just aboutt he hardest thing to diagnos online... with out hearing the sound.

Quick Reply: Suggestions??