Any benefit removing blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any benefit removing blocks?

I'm getting the Bilstein 5100's for my 07 FX4 Screw. I have a 2 inch level on front and 3 inch block on rear. My question is there any benefit removing the blocks and using the shocks for the leveling or should I just leave the blocks on and set the 5100's at zero? Thanks.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM
rear shocks won't effect height on the rear of the truck so if you take the blocks out you'll be sitting x amount lower.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by KansasJoe
rear shocks won't effect height on the rear of the truck so if you take the blocks out you'll be sitting x amount lower.
I'm guessing he meant the front leveling kit.

I don't know which is better, but if it were me, I would remove the blocks and use the shocks to get the height as they were designed. Its less parts in the front end, and seems like it would be better to me.

I don't know, however, know if setting the bilstiens at different heights affects ride quality at all, so that may be an issue.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are referring to the front, I'd remove the leveling kit and sell it. If you mean the back, the others are right. Removing the rear lift blocks will just lower the truck as the rear shocks don't support any weight like the front coilovers.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 AM
The only thing that concerns me is that my front end even set at 2 inches with the Bilsteins will be lower. My rear end is 1/2 inch higher than my front right now which I think is perfect and I'm wooried that the 2 inch setting will not be enough. The 2 inch front end leveling kit I put on was a little higher than 2 inches it actually made the front higher than the back when I installed it. That is why I took the 1 5/8 stock rear blocks out and put the 3 inch on. One more thing I guessing you guys say it is better to remove the front end leveling kit and just use the shocks because its simply less parts and there will be less stress on my front end parts.

Quick Reply: Any benefit removing blocks?