6" fabtech install issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" fabtech install issues

i hate to go out of my other thread but i'm not getting a response there so i figured i'd make another to get more attention. i installed the crossmembers and went to drop the diff, bolted it up to the front crossmember and went to bolt it up to the rear crossmember and the holes do not line up. i'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that i had to grind a lot just to fit the front crossmember but i dunno. anybody else run into this or have any suggestions to fix it go ahead and let me hear it. thanks,

Justin

Old 05-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 99lariat42
i hate to go out of my other thread but i'm not getting a response there so i figured i'd make another to get more attention. i installed the crossmembers and went to drop the diff, bolted it up to the front crossmember and went to bolt it up to the rear crossmember and the holes do not line up. i'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that i had to grind a lot just to fit the front crossmember but i dunno. anybody else run into this or have any suggestions to fix it go ahead and let me hear it. thanks,

Justin
When I installed my front one it had to be forced up to get it bolted together. I never grinded anything. May want to put a jack under the front one on pass side and jak it up tight. That is only thing I can think of.Mine went together kinda hard for the front diff but i had the entire thing out.
I had to have all the bolts loose also (very loose) on the crossmembers and had to pry on it a little to get it lined up.Thinking I had to pry more on the front than the rear one and then knocked the bolt through. I could not put them through without a little help from a hammer.

Edit: Thinking a little more about it I used a large screwdriver in the rear hole to get it lined up and started the bolt through as far as i could. Then used a hammer to knock bolt rest of way through

Last edited by eliminate; 05-20-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 6" fabtech install issues