Body lift and tire ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body lift and tire ?s

I've been hammering a few people with questions, so rather than pm I'm just going to post here.

Truck is: '99 F-250LD 4x4 (stock)

Lift is:
http://app.vendio.com/storefront?vie...1582461&mode=1

Wheels are:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...m300225713445&

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...m150249752965&

Tires: ProComp Xtreme M/ts, Kumho Road Venture MT KL71s, or NTG A/ts

Shocks: ProComp ES3000 with ES2000 steering stabilizer (already ordered)

Qestions:

1. Will I need anything else with the lift? My friend asked about a gas line extension? Or does this have everything I need?

2. When I had my Line-X done, they sprayed over the bed bolts. I would assume that these need to be removed / replaced, am I correct? How would I go about getting these out? (I'd assume cut through bedliner to bolt and try and wrench out?)

3. The wheels will work, correct? And for tires I can fit 315/75/xx which is a 35/12.5/xx, correct? And the xx can be 16" or 17", that doesn't matter? Should I look at a smaller size if I go with an m/t so I don't rub?

Thanks in advance. I plan to purchase everything soon here and I want to make sure everything is correct

Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 PM
No worries on the PMs.

1. Yes - the kit has everything you need. You don't need to fab gas line extensions. Everything is addressed.

2. Just take a razor, carpet knife, whatever and cut the line-X off of the bolts. You need to expose the top of it. You will need a t-47 Torx bit to pull the bedbolts out, (and a little luck). Buy 2 torx bits in case you snap one, return the other one if you don't use it.

3. We talked about this before and I told you what I knew. I'll let someone else take #3.

ps- Buy a can of PB Blast and spray all the body bolts once or twice a day about a week before the install. It will help them break loose.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. Should be a nice looking combo.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by jk007
No worries on the PMs.
good - I feel bad for you two having to read and respond all the time

I'm still waiting for a price on tires but other than that I should be all set. I'm hoping to get it all done within the next 2-3 weeks, so we'll see. I'll update and post pics.

Thanks again guys

Old 05-23-2008, 07:26 PM
UPDATE:

I've been spraying the bolts x2 day with PB. Hopefully everything will come off fine. All items have been ordered. The shocks should arrive first and will give me something to do this Mem. Day weekend.

The rims were fun bidding off ebay. It was the second set in a week where I got in a bidding war with at least 2 people. I bit the bullet and bid more than I originally wanted to just to make sure they get shipped soon. Stupid 7-lug wheels Still, compared to the price of some rims out there, less than $150 / wheel isn't bad

Can't wait for the boxes to show up

Quick Reply: Body lift and tire ?s