And my 2.5" leveling kit journey begins

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking And my 2.5" leveling kit journey begins

The box was delivered this morning. It has been raining for a solid week here and we have a beautiful sunny day here. Plus it is the weekend.

I still have 5 Bud Lights left, my trusty dog Rockie to help, and 9 hours of sunshine in case stuff goes wrong.

I ended up with the powder coated off-set kit from Autospring. I was unsure whether to get the AAL, so I will have to load some stuff up on the back of the truck first before I make my determining due to sag.

I have a before picture, so I will gladly post an after picture.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:17 PM
And I am finished. It took me 5 hours and 3 trips to Sears to get additional tools. :o

I followed this guide.

Things I thought were not revealed completely in this writeup or the AS paperwork:

1) The sway bar bolt rotates when you try to remove it. It did it on both my sides. First time I tried prying it down to get the coilover in place. It took 240#'s of me PLUS pushing down on the lower control arm to get that thing to come out. So I said ******* this !!! Drove back down to Sears and got some vice grips. That did the trick nicely.

2) When placing the coilover back in, a crowbar makes things so much easier.

3) HAVE PLENTY OF BEER !! I went through a six pack after my first tire. So luckily a liquor store was on the way back home from Sears.

4) Liquid Wrench is your friend. Without it I would not have been able to get the upper arm loose.

THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THE GUIDE:

1) The pitman arm puller make things a lot easier. Plus you can return it for a full refund.

----------------------------------------------

So now my 2.5" kit is on. I now have to get a AAL. Wife just shook her head the whole time I was working while she was home.

On a sad note, I was banned from buying BFGoodrich KM2's until my old tires are worn out. I can make that happen quite quickly.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My girlfriend does the same thing, usually watching me work and saying..

"Are you done yet?"

"What are you doing? An how much will it cost?"

"Dont touch anything with your greasy hands, go directly to the shower and bathe"

Old 05-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Uh oh I think I am addicted to ride height now.

Took it out for a spin to return some loaner tools and I enjoy the new feel of it.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love mine. I am planning on adding the AS block to raise the rear up a bit. I am thinking about getting the toyo open country M/T's in a 285/75/18 on the stock rims. Its a new tire and is roughly 35/11.5/18 which should be about perfect.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Leveling and adding larger tires, easiest way to improve the look's of your truck.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I had someone request me to add some after photos in this thread. I took a snapshot today but it is raining and I won't dare take my Canon EOS 40d out there. So a side shot will have to do for now.

Quick Reply: And my 2.5" leveling kit journey begins