Sway bar brushings

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sway bar brushings

Alright guys I've got another question for ya...

A few days i posted a thread on a popping in my truck when turning and I thought I had it figured out. I thought it was the upper control arms rubbing on the springs, but I found the real culprit! My front sway bar has lost a brushing. Where the end of the bar connects to the lower control arm are, the brushing has ripped out. So here's my question...

Do i need any special tools to replace this part? And do I need to have the truck jacked up to do this. I think i just just unbolt it and replace the brushing but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are referring to the Sway Bar vertical link. It goes from the sway bar then drops down and connects the the lower control arm...

If so then all you need to do is run to an autoparts store and pick up a "stabalizer end link" i think thats its name. Pick up 2 so you can do both sides the stock one wear out rather quickly.

Now after that you will have to jack the truck off the ground... i cant remeber if i did it one side at a time or jacked it up in the center and let everything hang.

Any hoo before you lift the truck loosen the bolts if you can.. then jack the truck up id say do it one side at a time then replace the whole stabalizer endlink... dont tighten the nut all the way just enough to keep the nut on the bolt. Drop that side down then do the other side drop that side down then tighten!

Its much easier when you do it... i did mine in 30 minutes! Plus i was in dirt!

Quick Reply: Sway bar brushings