what to do what to do

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to do what to do

i am new to the site and ihave looked around a little, i have a 2004 F150 FX4 that has a leveling kit and some 18's. i am thinking about doing a lift bigger than what i have. i am thinking anywhere from 4 to 8, the three kits i am looking at are the rancho 4 the tuff contry 6 and the rize 8. help me out here if you could show me some pics of these lifts installed and tell me how they drive and perform that would be great thanks

Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
if you have the money go with the 8" rize. but if your looking for something cheaper look at the 6" fabtech stage 1. the 4" rancho is only like $200 less than the stage 1 fabtech

Old 05-07-2008, 10:22 PM
x2 - Once you lift it, you're going to want to go higher. It's just a question of how much you want to spend. $200 to go from 4 to 6 inches is worth it though.

You need to be asking yourself if you want 6 or 8...for the cost

Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 PM
It all depends on what you want out of the lift kit. I'm an exception to the once you lift it, you'll want to go bigger rule. I started off by thinking an 8" Rize, then I was set on getting the 6" RCD, and finally made the decision and got the 4" Rancho. And I'm extremely happy with it.. don't want any bigger. I figured with the 4" or the 6" I'm going to be running 35's... so that's about two inches of empty wheel well space that I didn't want. Also, the Rancho looks good with 35's and 33's.. so I liked having the option to go back down and still look good if I thought the 35s were too much for me. I also wanted to run 35's on my stock 20s because I like the wheels (look good and low maintenance), which was another reason I picked the Rancho, because the other kits said the factory backspacing wouldn't work. Saved quite a bit of cash right there (though it wasn't a priority) by not having to get new wheels. I also like the subframe design of the Rancho... its a nice kit... pretty easy to install too. But like I said.. it all depends on what you want... I wanted an aggressive looking truck without going too big... in my mind.. I got it.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by VTHokieF150
It all depends on what you want out of the lift kit. I'm an exception to the once you lift it, you'll want to go bigger rule. I started off by thinking an 8" Rize, then I was set on getting the 6" RCD, and finally made the decision and got the 4" Rancho. And I'm extremely happy with it.. don't want any bigger. I figured with the 4" or the 6" I'm going to be running 35's... so that's about two inches of empty wheel well space that I didn't want. Also, the Rancho looks good with 35's and 33's.. so I liked having the option to go back down and still look good if I thought the 35s were too much for me. I also wanted to run 35's on my stock 20s because I like the wheels (look good and low maintenance), which was another reason I picked the Rancho, because the other kits said the factory backspacing wouldn't work. Saved quite a bit of cash right there (though it wasn't a priority) by not having to get new wheels. I also like the subframe design of the Rancho... its a nice kit... pretty easy to install too. But like I said.. it all depends on what you want... I wanted an aggressive looking truck without going too big... in my mind.. I got it.
what made you change from the rize 8 to the 4? and with the 4 do you tow?

Old 05-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by jeepinfordguy
what made you change from the rize 8 to the 4? and with the 4 do you tow?
My F-150 is my daily driver. I didn't want to roll on 37s as my daily driver. There are a bunch on here that do though... I just didn't want to. I don't tow, but I'm always putting stuff in the bed and didn't want the extra inches to make it a chore for me to load things in and out of the bed. Thought I might get tired of jumping up into it all the time too and would have felt bad for my girlfriend since she's shorter than me. Function was important to me... wanted it to feel close to stock... but not look stock.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I am running the Fabtech 6" stage 1 lift and love it. Put it through plenty of abuse and it has held up GREAT (been waiting for the shocks to crap on me, but so far so good).

I also tow pretty often, I own a non-street legal Samurai and tow that to my shop, and back home pretty frequently. Also have to tow it to any off-road park I visit (once a month min.) I also tow buddies broken down vehicles to my shop pretty often to help them out and save em some labor. At work, I use my truck to move big heavy body panels, engines, trans, etc to other shops when they need em (heavy equipment and tools too)

I love my truck, I love the lift. I think for $1400 delivered to my door, its a heck of a price to beat (I have NEVER seen a Rancho for $1200 ???). The lift has served me great, not too much of a hassle at all to work out of, and you cant beat the stance (IMO).
My 2 cents.

pics:

plenty more pics if ya wana check em out. Click that camera thing on the right side of my "user name"

Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM
So i think i am going to go six. is anyone running any bigger than 35's on six? and is anyone running a Tuff Country 6 Inch?

Old 05-08-2008, 06:38 PM
If you can find a tuff country for $1400... let me know.

Also, I personaly think Fabtech is slightly better quality, although I haven't actually installed a tuff for the newer 150's. Heck, only seen one in person.

Fabtech offers upgrades like Dirt Logic adjustable front coilovers, they can give you an additional 2" of lift and allow for you to run up to 37" tires with proper back spaced wheels.

There is a guy on this sight, has a real nice 6" pro-Comp lifted 150. He has adjustable coils too, but hasn't cranked them up and he is running 36" Iroks. Looks real nice. Oh ya, his name on here is Big50.

Here is alink to our last "meet & greet" Some real nice 150's and you can see some video of em in action
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331410

Last edited by MercedesTech; 05-08-2008 at 06:45 PM.