F150online Forums

F150online Forums (http://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (http://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension-28/)
-   -   **gas Prices** (http://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension/323216-gas-prices.html)

mike024 03-05-2008 12:05 PM

Whats going on? We have plenty of oil in Anwar and off the coast of Florida and California, But the libs in congress won't let us drill, so we must depend on foreign oil. We have over 300 years worth of oil in the US, we don't need foreign oil. The current adminestration has tried to get us oil independent but to no avail. Every one is just supposed to walk or drive those dinky foreign cars. What is going on with our country?

OgRedd 03-05-2008 12:30 PM

It is a piss-poor shame that people in America can't buy gas, medicine or food because everything goes up but your pay! In America! I saw stories where people are making choices to either buy gas, buy food or buy medicine. You need all three just to make it! You haven't even begun to pay for utilities, insurance, child care, hospital bills, etc. We are all probably one heart attack away from being bankrupt. Look at the housing market - jeez. This administration is so out of touch (or don't give a damn) with the middle/lower class, it's unreal! I heard a guy say America will soon be a third world country. Scary thought for people like me who have 2 kids. How are they going to make it? Veterans with no kind of help, spousal support, etc. I could go on and on. Tell me how Exxon CONTINUALLY reports record profits and gas has to be pushing $4.00? What is Bush and his cronies thinking? I'm sure he has some personal property on those man-made islands Dubai officials are building in Saudi Arabia. I love this country - it's sad to see the direction it heading into. Oh, yeah - have a nice day. - Og

ridnskyhigh 03-05-2008 12:47 PM

3.43 per gallon here in twenty nine palms ca

mike024 03-05-2008 01:26 PM

Vote liberal, you will get what you deserve

OgRedd 03-05-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike024
Vote liberal, you will get what you deserve

I'll vote for a lizard if it'll get the current cronies out. Their track record isn't too good - if you haven't noticed. - Og

OgRedd 03-05-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowflyingbird
Lets face it, this is an oil hungry country, run now by an oil family president who has done NOTHING about the rising oil prices since taking office in 2000 when gas was $2.00 a gallon. Would you if you were making money on it's rise/drop/and rise again?
There was a study done about speculation on wall st. and oil prices. Not to say that your local gas station is not shafting you and me as well. The website is close the Enron loophole .com
It's been strongly thought that speculation has added up to about 40% to our gas and oil(heating) costs. I find it appauling that the party in power has not even made mention of this problem costing americans BILLIONS, but let a baseball player lie about taking steroids and congress is in seccion immediatly.:mad:

Lowflyingbird

Agreed. - Og

Big Slick 03-05-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Whats going on? We have plenty of oil in Anwar and off the coast of Florida and California, But the libs in congress won't let us drill, so we must depend on foreign oil. We have over 300 years worth of oil in the US, we don't need foreign oil. The current adminestration has tried to get us oil independent but to no avail. Every one is just supposed to walk or drive those dinky foreign cars. What is going on with our country?

yeah you know, because you can throw up an oil rig, refineries, and it's supporting infrastructure overnight. it's been estimated that it would take somewhere in the neighbor hood of 15 years to build those and by the time it's done the amount of oil it would produce would make about as much a difference as pissing in the ocean if the rate of consumption continues it's upwards trend.

mike024 03-05-2008 02:09 PM

Well if every body pissed in the ocean it could make a difference. If we could have drilled in Anwar 7 years ago we might not be in this mess. Whod a thunk it?

Big Slick 03-05-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Well if every body pissed in the ocean it could make a difference. If we could have drilled in Anwar 7 years ago we might not be in this mess. Whod a thunk it?

you're analogy doesn't make any sense. in order for it to, there would have to be multiple sources of domestic oil.

at any rate, ANWAR doesn't hold enough oil to make a dent in oil prices. this article written in 04 states that it could reduce the cost of oil by .50 cents/barrel, which as i'm sure you know is only a few cents when we see it at the pump. i'm not sure on the numbers for inflation but it would be even less than that today given the current price of crude.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4542853/

mvtofino 03-06-2008 07:16 PM

How about $5.40 an Imperial gallon for 87 octane regular here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Adding insult to injury is the 12 miles per IMPERIAL gallon my 351M 4bbl slurps up which is closer to 10 miles per UNITED STATES gallon by the time all the conversions are done.

Anyone thinking about driving to the Winter Olympic Games at Whistler, BC in 2010 should check back again as we get closer to the event! I would bet that the politicians and lobbyists who are responsible for manipulating gas prices will be wringing their hands in gleeful expectation as they swap stories of unrestrained rip-off, pillage and plunder while holding the driving public hostage at the gas pump.

The only consolation is drivin' a Ford truck in the first place, and one that is finally appreciating in value! I'd sooner burn a $6.00 gallon of gas in my F100 than a $3.00 gallon in a Chevy or Dodge...

JT ;8>)

MercedesTech 03-06-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

politicians and lobbyists who are responsible for manipulating gas prices will be wringing their hands in gleeful expectation as they swap stories of unrestrained rip-off, pillage and plunder while holding the driving public hostage at the gas pump.
:thumbsup: :beers:

FX417 03-06-2008 07:40 PM

3.80 here in lompoc ca and thats for the low octane

Fifty150 03-06-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OgRedd
I'll vote for a lizard if it'll get the current cronies out. Their track record isn't too good - if you haven't noticed. - Og

Friday, May 10, 2002

Dog Loses French Presidential Election,
But Monkey is Elected Mayor of Hartlepool

PARIS (France)

The little dog named "Saucisse" [Sausage] didn't stand a wiener of a chance of winning the French presidential election, but it was a dogged good effort.

HARTLEPOOL (UK) The Hartlepool mayoral election may not have gone to the dogs, but it certainly went to the monkey.

H'Angus the Monkey, the town's football team mascot, is the new Mayor of Hartlepool. Campaigning with the slogan "free bananas for schoolchildren", Stuart Drummond (the man who wears the monkey suit) was declared the winner last week with a total of 7,395 votes to his opponent Leo Gillen's 6,792.

deerhunter7979 03-06-2008 08:06 PM

Pray for lower prices....

I feel all your pain. Just returned from weeklong road trip across 5 states and saw prices go from $2.97 to $3.41. Funny thing is, in Spokane/Idaho, prices changed over .35 cents within 4 miles with the same brands. Wierd.:(

f150fella08 03-07-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f150Lariatc
Wow. Im in shock as gas just went over 3 bucks a gallon here in san antonio. I know most of yall would kill to pay that, but for a college student it sure drains the bank acount. I still will never drive a car and will always drive a lifted truck! Its just crazy to think we payed 2 bucks a year ago. and a dollar somethin 3 years ago! What are the gas prices at where everyone lives? Also anyone have an inside scoop of what is to happen in the near future with prices? (of course go up, but how much?)

wow

haha man up here in north east texas we just hit over 3 bucks a gallon and its rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! expecially 14 miles per gallon!!!