need some suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some suggestions...

Alright...here is the deal....just bought a '04 FX4 crew cab and am looking to lift it. I dont really have much knowledge when it comes to lifts (as far as components of a kit/ what i should be looking for as far as quality) so i have been asking the guys i work with that either have lifts or have had them. From what i have learned, i should get a "coil over suspension lift" i am assuming this means it includes the shocks and springs for the front rather than only spacers. anyway....looking to get a 6'' lift....put some 35'' all terrains (no preferance on brand...just as inexpensive as possible) and i saw some beautiful black motometal 18'' rims that would compliment the entire truck. Does anyone know where i can get a lift that doesnt cost 3 arms and a leg or have a suggestion on what i should do i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YOu have a coilover suspension. I believe your friends are suggesting that you purchase a lift that comes with replacement coilovers and not a spacer that works with the OEM coilovers. I'd suggest the 6 inch Fabtech, RCD or Rize lift for the 04-08's.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...now where is the best place/cheapest place to get the lift...and your right...it is to replace the existing ones..not sure why i didnt think of that