Stock Suspension Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Suspension Replacement

I'm sure this topic has been beat into submission, but...

1997 F150 Super Crew, short bed, 2wd. Almost totally stock, most stuff is original. First, how long will a stock suspension last? Truck has 70,000 miles or so, used as a daily driver and a work truck for hauling riding mowers, firewood, etc.

When it needs a new suspension, what do you recommend? I looked through a few pages from the search feature, but didn't see anything that particularly applied.

First off, I don't want to sacrifice functionality and payload capacity in order to achieve a particular look.

I don't like the looks of a leveling kit, however a lift would be neat. The only conflict with a lift kit, is I don't want to spend an extra $1,000 on new wheels and tires. What I currently have on the truck are P235-70R16 on the stock wheels, with plenty of tread. I know that is a tiny tire, and that almost any lift kit will look ridiculous with that size tire.

Anyways, any and all suggestions are welcome, Thank you.

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin in OK; 12-09-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
put a 3" body lift on it. won't look too bad with the stock tires and rims and you will get a little bit of clearance for new tires if you'd like.

but if your lookin for a real new complete suspenion....idk!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As for your question on high wear items, all of my ball joints and idler arm were replaced under warranty at 60,000 miles on my Screw. The tie rod ends are also high wear items.
As for a small lift, I'd suggest a body lift or a set of 3.5 inch lift spindles and a set of 33 inch tall tires.

Quick Reply: Stock Suspension Replacement