Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idler arm or ball joints?

I have an 03 fl50 supercab. I just put me 22's off of my crew cab on. I get vibration when i come to a stop and turn. the wheels aren't rubbing, aligment's good, inner and outer tie-rods are good. the only idea i can think of is the lower ball joints b/c when i go down hill it quits, but when going up hill and take the wieght off the front end it's even worse. I'm stumpped Any suggestions??

Last edited by MonkeyNutz; 12-07-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You mentioned it happening when you stop. Could it be warped brake rotars? Do you only feel it when you apply the brakes?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:46 PM
It happen's when i accelerate in a turn from a dead stop. i just recut the rotaors about two weeks ago when i changed the brakes. At first o thought it was the wheels, i checked the balance and had them put on a machine. I put the factory wheels back on and still same vibration. Thats why it's throwing me for a loop. This saturday i'm going to break everything down and try to reserect where the problems at. Any help would be much apprieciated.
Nice truck!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
i am thinking that is a ball joint issue myself, I had a truck that did the same thing and it was that coupled with the front differential was needing u-joints. that could be it as well.

Quick Reply: Vibration