Wandel!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wandel!!!!

I have a situation. I need new tires, and I need to get them very soon. Here is where the situation lies. I want to lift my truck and run 35's. But I wont be lifting my truck until next summer. So for the time being, could I put on a 3 in BL and a leveling kit, and be ok with 35's? I have a 97 Scab 2wd. Any input would be great!!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
i think it would all come down to the wheels you run. If you run a wheel close to the oem specs you can probably get away with it with a little trimming. Since your are a 2wd its going to be harder to clear those 35's than if you had a 4x4. And that leveling kit is going to be torsion bar crank.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, you could squeeze 35x12.50's on there using a 3 inch body lift, 2.5 inch Daystar coilspring spacers (4x2's have coilsprings, not torsion bars) and the OEM wheels.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
Yeah, you could squeeze 35x12.50's on there using a 3 inch body lift, 2.5 inch Daystar coilspring spacers (4x2's have coilsprings, not torsion bars) and the OEM wheels.
Ok, thanks a million. We are getting blasted with some snow right now, and I almost died in my truck tonight!!! It will not hook up at all in the snow. And barely in the rain. I just didn't want to buy two sets of tires. Are the Cooper Discoverer STT tires still doing ok? Just didn't know if any new news had come out on them.

The only problem I have now is finding a BL, and a way to get the BL on. Nobody around here does any type of lifts or anything. I hate it...

Quick Reply: Wandel!!!!