He Said She Said BulllSH*&#

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He Said She Said BulllSH*&#

Originally Posted by nooq
those are pretty severe angles, i could only imagine what your UCA looks like. I guarantee you within a couple thousand miles that tie rod snaps.
Originally Posted by Cuisi
Your C/V angles don't look bad to me. I think you might be confusing upper ball joint angle concerns with C/V angle. Most folks are worried about the angle the extra lift causes their upper ball joints to have (the additional angle can cause premature wear and failure of the ball joint). The C/V's are pretty stout and they can safely take a little additional angle (as long as you don't go crazy with them) especially considering that they aren't used in daily driving as they only turn when you have 4x4 engaged.

Ok, now I just don’t really know what to think anymore, ive been told that the angles weren’t that bad before especially since I will not be engaging 4x4 very much and will be conducting very little offroading......But now im told they are extremely bad and will result in failure of parts within a few thousand miles!!!!

Im sure there are lots of folks out there with a similar setup to mine that have been just fine......From the few months ive been on this Forum I think I finally figured it out people are just really biased to their particular setups. If its not what they got they find something wrong with it and it grows out of control to the point where it seems like any thing you do to your truck will result in sure destruction (depending on which person replies and what they have)

I got nothing against the Forum, ive received great feedback and information, but sometimes its just a LOT of biased brand bashing and such....

CAN I GET AN UNBIASED PROFFESIONAL OPPIONION PLEASE!!!!! OR HAS ANYBODY WITH THE PROCOMP SPACER LIFT AND A LEVELING KIT HAD PROBLEMS WITH SAID ISSUE!!!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm not a pro, but it's doesn't look too bad to me. Looks the same as what hundreds of others on this site are running with no problems. Your ball joints, etc, may wear out quicker than stock angles, but it probably wouldn't be for quite a while. Just my $.02.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
I'm not a pro, but it's doesn't look too bad to me. Looks the same as what hundreds of others on this site are running with no problems. Your ball joints, etc, may wear out quicker than stock angles, but it probably wouldn't be for quite a while. Just my $.02.
That seems to be the general consensus, i dont know why nooq said that they were extreme and failure was imminent......oh well

Old 12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think they look fine as well.They look just like my 05 with a 2.5in level kit on it.If your stacking the procomp spacer and the leveling kit spacer,I wouldn't suggest that.I would get some bilstens or rancho shocks that you can adjust 2inches so you don't have to stack plus they will probably ride better.Maybe its fine but it would just worry me stacking.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
the angle looks fine to me but ive never had a 4x4 with A arm suspension, just i-beam and solid front axle

Old 12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
It will work but your cv joint will have a shorter life, if it looks like a problem and you half to ask then most likely it is.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
looks fine. i would get get rid of the stacked spares i have to bent procomp spacers in my trash out of my buddys procomp 6".

Last edited by bud8817; 12-02-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by bud8817
looks fine. i would get get rid of the stacked spares i have to bent procomp spacers in my trash out of my buddys procomp 6".
Yeah, i am planning on getting bilsteins or fatbtech coilovers as soon as i sell my ford ranger when i get back to the states in January.....

What ill most likely do is just crank the coilovers to maybe 1.5" so that it reduces the angles a tad just for longevity reasons

Thanks for the help folks

Old 12-05-2007, 06:49 AM
I deffinately dont feel so bad about my angles after seeing this picture of a fabtech 6in with 2.5in spacer

One question, if i get Coilovers, will i still need to keep one of my spacers to keep the additional lift, or will cranking the coilovers have the same effect

Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by stuckiniraq

One question, if i get Coilovers, will i still need to keep one of my spacers to keep the additional lift, or will ing the coilovers have the same effect. No need to put the spacer back in. ing the coilovers will have the same effect
From personal experience I have had problems with my CV axles at the angle shown below. I have had to replace both CV axles twice within a year because of torn boots. There is some difference between my truck, 2000, and yours. My CV axles turn constantly. I feel that the constant rotation of my CV axles cause s them to wear out faster than the newer trucks, because the newer trucks don't spin unless engaged in 4x4.

I recently installed a used 4" lift to correct my problem. The lift was cheaper than having the CV axles replaced one more time. My CV axles now have 0 angle and the ride is much better.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:44 AM
CAN I GET AN UNBIASED PROFFESIONAL OPPIONION PLEASE!!!!! OR HAS ANYBODY WITH THE PROCOMP SPACER LIFT AND A LEVELING KIT HAD PROBLEMS WITH SAID ISSUE!!!!!

Take it from me I have had more suspension set ups then anyone here, I even ran the adj bilstein with an AS (like 3 inches of lift, now that didnt work) the only thing I havnt run is stacked spacers but your angles look fine I would have no problem running that, Ive even seen a lot worse.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
Take it from me I have had more suspension set ups then anyone here, I even ran the adj bilstein with an AS (like 3 inches of lift, now that didnt work) the only thing I havnt run is stacked spacers but your angles look fine I would have no problem running that, Ive even seen a lot worse.
THANK YOU ethan..............its good to hear this..........and yes I will remedy the stacked spacer issue as soon as the Ranger is sold.........And till then I dont plan on doing anything hardcore, ill even go slow over speed bumps

Old 12-05-2007, 01:43 PM
DRJ
I deffinately dont feel so bad about my angles after seeing this picture of a fabtech 6in with 2.5in spacer

One question, if i get Coilovers, will i still need to keep one of my spacers to keep the additional lift, or will cranking the coilovers have the same effect
That's unbelievable!!

Old 12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

it might not look bad, but go look at Josiah's thread over in the 04+ forum. people with upset CV angles are having problems with the steering rods breaking, His rods snapped when he was rotating his tires. Other people in the thread with spacers or cranked coilovers (upset CVs basically) were complaining of the same problems.

To me, that is dangerous. what if your driving down the road and suddenly you lose the ability to steer? automatic accident.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311159

without a steering rack drop, there is more stress on your outer rods when turning (only with poor CV angles)

Last edited by mSaLL150; 12-05-2007 at 01:58 PM.