What Coilovers???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Coilovers???

The truck i just bought has the basic pro comp 6" lift, and its stacked with a leveling kit up front.

From my reading ive learned that this is pretty bad for the C/V angles so I want to remedy this. What exactly do I need to keep my truck at the same height but fix the problem. Is it just something like the Fox or Bilstein 2.5" Coilovers

Im new to the suspension stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated. Theres a few pics below of the suspension set up

Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 AM
autoanything has fabtech coilovers. or u can order the bilstien 5100's and take off the leveling kit. the 5100's are adjustable and its way better then stacking spacers
then order some new uca's from camburg and u wont have to worry about anything ever again.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:25 AM
So the new coilovers will give me the 2.5" that I will be loosing from taking off the leveling kit........

But will this fix the angles, cause it would still be at the same height wouldnt it????

This stuff is confusing

Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 AM
yes it will still give u the same angles, but u shouldnt stack spacers.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Originally Posted by TonkaTruck33
yes it will still give u the same angles, but u shouldnt stack spacers.
Well i plan on doing no real offroading, besides maybe some crappy dirt roads to get to ATV parks and possibly some dunes (no launching)

So really the two spacers thing shouldnt be real problem in the short term. The big problem seems to be these C/V angles, so the Camburg UCA's should keep that in check if im correct? They should also help when I go up to 37" from 35" right

I plan on driving this truck for at least 5 years so i just dont want any major problems. Ill start looking around for some coilovers, maybe i can find a pair somebodys trying to get rid of to save a little cash

Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Suspended
The UCAs only are not going to change any angle, they're just stronger so you won't have to worry about the UCA ball joint failing. Nothing can fix your angles other than loosing some lift or getting a whole new lift. The coilovers do the same thing the spacers do but I agree you shouldn't stack two spacers.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
So if im just doing normal driving with very light offroading should i be fine with the set up i have now, or with the Coilovers

I dont want to reduce my lift, and i really dont want to buy an entire new lift anytime in the near fiture, maybe in like a year ill go with the Rize, but for now id rather stick with this and just get Coilovers.

I guess what Im asking, is will my C/V's hold up with normal daily driving

Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Your C/V angles don't look bad to me. I think you might be confusing upper ball joint angle concerns with C/V angle. Most folks are worried about the angle the extra lift causes their upper ball joints to have (the additional angle can cause premature wear and failure of the ball joint). The C/V's are pretty stout and they can safely take a little additional angle (as long as you don't go crazy with them) especially considering that they aren't used in daily driving as they only turn when you have 4x4 engaged.

Last edited by Cuisi; 11-16-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Cuisi
Your C/V angles don't look bad to me. I think you might be confusing upper ball joint angle concerns with C/V angle. Most folks are worried about the angle the extra lift causes their upper ball joints to have (the additional angle can cause premature wear and failure of the ball joint). The C/V's are pretty stout and they can safely take a little additional angle (as long as you don't go crazy with them) especially considering that they aren't used in daily driving as they only turn when you have 4x4 engaged.
Yeah your right about me being confused, thanks for the help thought, you cleared it up for me

Ill still look to get coilovers so I can get rid of the extra spacer

Old 11-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by stuckiniraq
Yeah your right about me being confused, thanks for the help thought, you cleared it up for me

Ill still look to get coilovers so I can get rid of the extra spacer
yea get as far away as possible from the stacked spacer. that balljoint could fail at anytime if you hit the right pothole or bump in the road. get a strong setup like this...total chaos uni-ball UCA's and fabtech Dirt Logic 2.5's. the TC UCA's will kinda break the bank but you can get the Camburg's for a little cheaper. The DL's are a fairly priced shock.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 AM
JUST SAY NO TO STACKED SPACERS!!!!!!!!

Either go bilstein shocks adjusted for the extra lift or Sway a way coilovers, I would never recomend fabtechs again, for all you that have them and say theres nothing wrong with them, BS, ride in a truck with valved coilovers.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
JUST SAY NO TO STACKED SPACERS!!!!!!!!

Either go bilstein shocks adjusted for the extra lift or Sway a way coilovers, I would never recomend fabtechs again, for all you that have them and say theres nothing wrong with them, BS, ride in a truck with valved coilovers.

your trippin bro.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Sway a way Now they got some high quality equipment over there. I have never run the DL or anything else so I am far from bashing them... I just have first hand knowledge with the sway a way long tavel shocks and they are GREAT. Awesome customer service too.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:14 PM
How an I tripping? I have more front end set ups then anyone on this site and the fabtechs were the worst riding shocks of any I have put on. Dont say I dont know what Im talking about, Ive waisted too much money on my front end to not know what Im talking about

Old 11-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
How an I tripping? I have more front end set ups then anyone on this site and the fabtechs were the worst riding shocks of any I have put on. Dont say I dont know what Im talking about, Ive waisted too much money on my front end to not know what Im talking about
So what shocks do you recommend?

Quick Reply: What Coilovers???