air or no 07 fx2

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post air or no 07 fx2

alright so i just turned 18 i previously owned a 95 f150 lowered and all that good stuff.. but got tired of it so i used some money i had saved and got a loan and got a second job ontop of senior year in high school, but ive got they 07 fx2 the day i saw it and now i wanna lower it also

on the old truck i had a djm set up flip kit in the rear 3 inch lowered i beams and all that good stuff but i really want the new truck lower and a better ride.

should i go with the ground force 3.5-4/ 6 drop kit with the sway bars and springs shocks and all that good stuff that runs about $850.00 or save a little bit longer and bag the damn thing since im planin on puttin different wheels on it next summer. and im also planning on a turbo and dual front mount intercoolers because ive got the sohc 4.6 and they dont have a super charger for it..

givin that info... should i lower it now with stock wheels or save up a bit more and bag it when i the new wheels and my engine completly built how i want it???

Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go ahead and bag it.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd just save up and bag it.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:11 AM
sweet prolly what i will do then! would you happen to know the best route to go with or what bags, or kit??

Old 11-12-2007, 01:19 AM
The safest and less obtrusive route is to go with Air Ride Technologies bolt on kits; but they're pricey and you do not necessarily get the range of travel from drop to lift of more fabricated setups. The Air Bar is a good kit for the rear, though.
ART

There are KP Components weld on 4-links that you can use for the rear and would probably give you a bit more travel.
KP Components

In regard to bags, my preference are Slam Specialties. However, to use Slams in the front, you may need to do more work (notching) because it's a larger back.

There are so may different paths, it really depends on what way you really want to go.

Do you want something that you can remove later and put the truck back to stock, and possibly limit you in some other aspects?
...or are you looking for a permanent solution where you can dictate exactly what you want, but lies more on the custom fabrication side of things?

That will help you make a better decision on which way to go; coupled with cost.

Quick Reply: air or no 07 fx2