Need some help on a 2 in. drop

Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help on a 2 in. drop

i was wanting to put a 2 in drop with the drop shackles on my truck. My only question is... i have dual exhaust that runs straight out the back and i was just wondering if i could even do the drop or if my exhaust would get in the way... this may be a completely stupid question and i apologize if it is but all your help is appreciated. thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should have enough room for clearance. Just take a look underneath your truck at your pipes and where they run.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I lowered my 2006 4x2 KR with a 2" GF shackle kit after I had my true duals installed straight out the back. In less than a month, the exhaust crushed the brake line which runs over the rear differential. It cost me $450 to have it repaired at the Ford Dealer, but they were nice enough to run the "new" brake line behind the diff to prevent the problem from happening in the future.

Check to see if you have 2" of room betwen your exhaust and differential. Also, take a look at your bump stops. With the GF kit, it has two settings and the second one lowers the truck by a full 2" even though the difference in the holes looks like a lot more.

Thanks,

KR-Texas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help on a 2 in. drop