Need advice for a lift/wheel/tire package

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice for a lift/wheel/tire package

I have a 2006 lariat 4x4with the factory stock 20" rims and pirelli scorpion tires. I want to put a lift/wheel/tire package together that has the tough look but will also ride nice on the highway. I will use it to tow jet ski's and a ski boat every once in awhile. I'm thinknig the 6" fabtech lift - no idea on wheels - and i'm torn between the BFG AT KO vs. the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I think I want to go to an 18" rim size...thoughts? I've also read that I'll need to 'regear' once I do this - what is that about (sorry new to being a truck guy...just move to Texas, bought the truck...etc) Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
John

Old 10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Fabtech sounds good. If I were to choose between the tires you listed I would go with the BFG's. If you want a more aggressive look you might want to check out the Procomp Xtreme A/T's. I have them and their quiet on the road and look better than the other two. You don't have to regear but it does help cause the truck will feel sluggish if you don't. Since you'll be towing it would be a good idea to regear to 4.56's.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Hash278
The Fabtech sounds good. If I were to choose between the tires you listed I would go with the BFG's. If you want a more aggressive look you might want to check out the Procomp Xtreme A/T's. I have them and their quiet on the road and look better than the other two. You don't have to regear but it does help cause the truck will feel sluggish if you don't. Since you'll be towing it would be a good idea to regear to 4.56's.
Very well said. I also highly suggest the Pro Comp Xtreme AT's. Aggressive looking tire, yet are very quiet while driving. Also I'm very partial to the Helo Maxx 6 wheels.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 AM
welcome to the site. in the future only post in one thread

Quick Reply: Need advice for a lift/wheel/tire package