AutoSpring Questions

Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoSpring Questions

I want to get the autospring spacers for my truck, my issue is I dont know which way to go. 2 or 2.5 inch. Afraid of hooking up a trailer and riding high in the front. Eventually I want to get nitto terra grapplers & wheels but dont want rubbing- something along the line of a 305/55/18. But am finding that 18 inch tires are hard to find in anything. I am new to the aftermarket tire/wheel issue so this is all new to me.

Has anybody here got pictures of their ride with a
2 inch spacer and 1.5 add a leaf or 2.5 inch with the 1.5 add a leaf.
preferably a side shot so that you can see the side of the truck with the wheel wells.

Seems like the 2 inch spacer with the 1.5 add a leaf would return the truck back to its stock "nose down" look.

I have a 07- CrewCab- 6.5 bed- 4x4

Thanks for the help

Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Good questions. I would like the same info.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 AM
im in the same situation as you. I hope someone will chime in

Old 10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I installed the AS 2.5 on my truck a couple of months ago. I love the way it looks but when I hook up to my 18' flatbed trailer and put 4,000 lbs on the trailer plus the weight of the trailer itself the front end does look funny since it sits up higher. I've been thinking about adding a leaf in the rear to help this out or possibly an airbag system but I don't pull a trailer that often so I will probably just live with it for now. Here it is with just the 2.5 kit installed.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Call autospring

Originally Posted by FX4Screwdude
I want to get the autospring spacers for my truck, my issue is I dont know which way to go. 2 or 2.5 inch. Afraid of hooking up a trailer and riding high in the front. Eventually I want to get nitto terra grapplers & wheels but dont want rubbing- something along the line of a 305/55/18. But am finding that 18 inch tires are hard to find in anything. I am new to the aftermarket tire/wheel issue so this is all new to me.

Has anybody here got pictures of their ride with a
2 inch spacer and 1.5 add a leaf or 2.5 inch with the 1.5 add a leaf.
preferably a side shot so that you can see the side of the truck with the wheel wells.

Seems like the 2 inch spacer with the 1.5 add a leaf would return the truck back to its stock "nose down" look.

I have a 07- CrewCab- 6.5 bed- 4x4

Thanks for the help
Give Autospring a call and they will talk you though the hole thing.
There is some talk in the past about the leaf and a hard ride the bag seems the way to go.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Search this topic. I know I have replied to this a few times now. However, there is a discussion going that a 2" leveles it out and the 2 1/2" goes alittle tall, but not noticable. I have the 2" and love it. I am sure the 2 1/2" guys will say the same for theirs.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the 2" AS, and it actually lifted the front 2 7/8". The front end, however still sits a little lower than the rear, but not much. I was surprised to get this much lift from it. I haven't had anything in the back, but I don't think it would take much to sit lower back there. By the way, the rear is stock.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I recently put on the 2.5". I measured it, and afterwards the front and back are exactly the same height (at least within a 1/16 of an inch). Everything else on the truck is still stock so far. I occasionally pull some heavy loads, but haven't yet with this truck. If I see that it really drags down the rear end I'll add a leaf to the rear. My last truck had an added leaf in the back and I never noticed any comfort issues with it in case you're wondering about the ride.

Not sure if this helps or not...

Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 AM

Definitely use the search feature on the site. I think the consensus is that for whatever reason, people get a different amount of height in the front with their kits. I went with a AS 2.5 and my truck is perfectly level. It may not look like it in my gallery due to the fact that my parking lot is at a slight incline. Anyway, if you plan on hauling a lot, I would do with a 2". Yes, it "may" sit a tad higher in the rear, but should level out with hauling. If you really don't haul/tow all that much, go with the 2.5" Either way, you can't go wrong. It's a great kit! Currently I am running stock 275/55/20's put I plan on 33" Nitto TG's by the end of the year.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Actually autospring told me to post over here as they had said you guys had what was best as a whole tire/wheel/spacer combo.

I guess my main concern is if i go with the 2 inch and hook up a trailer and its gonna ride nose high then decide to put on a add a leaf to take care of that, that im just gonna have that stupid looking rake all over again.
Thus money wasted...

Thats why I was curious to see somebodys truck with a 2inch spacer and the add a leaf in the rear to see if it looked "stock" again.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Ok, from the factory, our trucks have a rake to them. They sit *** high! If you put on any spacer up front, it'll level it out. You'll still have a slight rake with a 2" kit, but it will not be that noticeable. If you do the 2" and a AAL, you'll be right back to where you started (like factory, *** high) You can go 2.5" with a 1.5" AAL and again, it will sit higher in the rear to compensate for towing.

So... If you want it perfectly level, 2.5" no lift in the rear. Almost level, but with a level look when towing, go wit 2" kit. You want to lift it in the rear, add a block or AAL and it WILL lift the rear. I hope this answers your question?

One last thing, if you go with 2" with a AAL, I would assume that yes, it will look like stock but with the ability to go with a larger tire of course.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I pretty sure auto spring recommends or says to use a 2" kit if you tow and to use the 2.5" kit if you don't tow. I used a 2" kit and im about 1/4 - 3/8 higher on the back. ( not noticeable to the eye). There 2" kit is 1 1/2 inchs thick and the 2.5 kit is 1 5/8 inchs thick but that extra 1/8 makes a big difference. Especially on your angles of your drive shaft and upper control arm.

Hope this helps you.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
I pretty sure auto spring recommends or says to use a 2" kit if you tow and to use the 2.5" kit if you don't tow. I used a 2" kit and im about 1/4 - 3/8 higher on the back. ( not noticeable to the eye). There 2" kit is 1 1/2 inchs thick and the 2.5 kit is 1 5/8 inchs thick but that extra 1/8 makes a big difference. Especially on your angles of your drive shaft and upper control arm.

Hope this helps you.
Does the 2.5" kit effect the angles of your drive shaft and upper control arm in a negative way compared to the 2" kit?? Is that what you are saying?

Can someone with the 2" kit on thier truck post a pic? please!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Some guys get very severe angles and some don't! Also what I might think is fine other guys may think it very severe. Do a search as there are lots of posts/pics on this issues.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by Maxout05
Does the 2.5" kit effect the angles of your drive shaft and upper control arm in a negative way compared to the 2" kit?? Is that what you are saying?

Can someone with the 2" kit on thier truck post a pic? please!
My truck has the 2" A.S. It lifted me a tad more than 2.5". On my truck it caused it to be perfectly level. Actually I was a hair higher in the front on one side, and dead on with the other side.
I tow often, so I just put in a skyjacker AAL, which raised my back up about 2". Either way, it took out some rake, while allowing to run my 305's with more than enough clearance.
No pics of the AAL yet. The rest are in the gallery.
My red 2005 FX4 with a 2.5" Autospring and Skyajcker AAL are also in gallery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AutoSpring Questions