looks off

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks off

When I look at the back of my truck it looks like the passenger side is higher than the driver side. I don't know much about suspension but when I drive my truck on a level surface the back of it looks way off. I have been looking at it for a while and it is driving me crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope so or else my eyes are very whopsided.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Technical Article Contributor

What type of truck, 4x4? Are your torsion bars cranked evenly, blown shock??? What have you checked. Take a tape measure and measure the height from the ground to the top of the wheel well, that should tell you right away where to start looking, or to get your eyes checked.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I kind of had the same thing too. park your truck on a level surface. Get up on the truck and work the suspension up and down really good. Now, take measurements from standard reference points(I.E. the same spot) on the rear, left and right, and on the front left and right. If there is a difference, maybee a shock is worn or leaf spring worn. if everything looks normal, maybee the torsion bars ( if you have them ) are in need of adjustment.
Hope this helps!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
x2 - I had the same problem with my 2000 4x4. Only my passenger side sat lower that the drivers side by about an 1.5" to 2"... I had just put new shocks on and that wasn't the problem. I cranked up the torsion bar so the truck was level, then got an alighnment. problem solved. Took me 15 minutes to adjust the torsion bar and about $45 for the alighnment.

If it isn't your shocks, then that's probably your problem. Do what these guys said first with the measuring tape and work the suspension, if that seems OK then I would adjust the torsion bar on the drivers side.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Sorry its a 2003 scab 4x4. I cranked the t-bars to get the front end up already I am pretty sure that I kept them level. If I loosen up the nuts on the t-bars all the way will it be back to stock?