What do i have to buy to get this look

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do i have to buy to get this look

Im currently In Iraq but ill be getting home in January, I had a 04 FX4 Super Crew but i was an idiot and traded it in for a ranger because of gas mileage.

Well when i get back in January I am going to purchase another F-150 FX4 prolly either a 04-05. I have been surfing around looking at lift kits and stuff and I ran across a guys truck that i want to emulate exactly. Its perfect and its identical to what i want. The only problem is I need to know exactly what parts i need to buy because im gonna start purchasing them in the next few weeks so their all set up when i get home and i can just put them on:

Below is the information this guy gave on his Cardomain site and a picture, if someone can take a look, and tell me what i need to buy i would greatly appreciate it

Ill be getting the KMC Rockstar wheels instead of what this individual has

I know i have to get a pro comp six inch lift, but where im confused is the 8 inch block in the back and the leveling kit, is this in addition to the six inch lift. Where can you buy just a 8 Inch block

So I guess my only question after all that is where can i buy the 8 Inch block for the back instead of whatever one comes with the Pro Comp lift kit

Also, do you guys think that this is a good overall lift option, or are there better performing options.

I realize i just gave a lot of information and questions so thanks for time and help

Heres what i want
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2121741

Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 AM
basically what he has done is take the 6" lift and stack it with the 2.5" leveling kit giving him 8.5" of lift.

I would suggest going with an 8" lift to begin with if you want that much lift. Rize seems to be the popular choice in that size.

I don't know where you can get an 8" block, but that sounds a little crazy to me. I'd replace the rear leafs with high arch lift springs rather than a block of that size. and use a smaller block to make up the difference.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:43 AM
If i were just to get the 6" In lift and then a 3" body lift, i shouldnt have too many problems running those wheels and tires would I. Maybe just a little trimming

The way that guy did it seems kind of sketchy, im sure it was cheaper but i dont like the idea of just stacking stuff up on top of eachother to get it higher.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Get a 8" Rize and you will be satisfied. If everything isn't right put a leveling kit of 2.5 or something else and you will be looking sick.

Then cough up the money for regearing, new wheels/tires, exhaust, tuner, CAI, new headlights, and then you will completely be set on your whole truck

Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Quick question about the rize kits, from most of the places i have looked they run around 2500 dollars for the 8", does that include everything or do you still have to buy the rear setup, and if so what do you need, just a block or new leafs

Old 10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd also suggest going with the 8 inch Rize lift. And stay away from an 8 inch lift block.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Suspended
It has to be a typo, there is no way he's got a 8" block in there.

$2500 will include the standard rear shocks and the rear lift. I'd suggest upgrading to the Bilstein 5150s and the stainless steel brake lines.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, ive been on a lot of forums, and this one deffinately shows some class

I put a few offers in on some 04 FX-4's today, even though i got till January till i return, But hey if I can get it all set up and ready for me to hop in right when i hit the states thats better.......

I cant wait to return to being a F-150 owner again, dumbest thing i ever did was get rid of my 04 FX4, now i gotta buy it again.

Oh well, live and learn

Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
UM 8In RIZE ALL THE Way.. but that only my 2cents which really dont mean much

Quick Reply: What do i have to buy to get this look