prerunner's...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prerunner's...

im interested in getting a leveling kit for my pick up but i want to have a prerunner so i was wondering where i could get good suspension with more travel instead of a leveling kit.. it'd be nice to put a long travel kit on the front but i cant find anywhere to purchase one. H&M has them on their website but i cant find the price on their site or where an order form is. anybody got any ideas?

Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Titanium
im interested in getting a leveling kit for my pick up but i want to have a prerunner so i was wondering where i could get good suspension with more travel instead of a leveling kit.. it'd be nice to put a long travel kit on the front but i cant find anywhere to purchase one. H&M has them on their website but i cant find the price on their site or where an order form is. anybody got any ideas?
it would help if you provided the year of your 150 & 2WD or 4WD. but camburg makes a well built kit. http://www.camburg.com/04F150.html

Old 10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
sorry about that its a 1990 F150 2wd.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Im not sure if im ready for long travel right now because of money but i want some really nice front suspension with quite a bit more travel than stock. it'd be nice to have some shocks with rezzies that bolt up in stock location.

Last edited by Titanium; 10-17-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Titanium
Im not sure if im ready for long travel right now because of money but i want some really nice front suspension with quite a bit more travel than stock. it'd be nice to have some shocks with rezzies that bolt up in stock location.
if it's just reservoirs is pointless. it's just looks. just get a fabtech lift here's another company besides camburg with some crazy long travel kits

http://www.hnmmotorsports.com/1997f150extreme.shtml

Old 10-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by edwardsjr1
if it's just reservoirs is pointless. it's just looks. just get a fabtech lift here's another company besides camburg with some crazy long travel kits

http://www.hnmmotorsports.com/1997f150extreme.shtml

rezzies aren't pointless. they help cool the oil inside the shock because when it gets to warm the oil gets thin makes your shocks go bad sooner. now who sells some badass shocks that bolt up in the stock place with more travel i know i've asked this alot in this thread but i really wanna know.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 PM
^^he said 1990 f1 which means beams

This is good because its pretty easy to get a good amount of wheel travel with a semi-stock set up for a good price.

I would recommend a bent beam kit and I'm sure they are available from autofab or camburg or probably a lot of other companies too.

It basically is where they bend your stock beams to correct the camber change the lift will give you so you dont have to use drop brackets which bend and break. It should also come with new radius arms and mounting brackets, coils, shocks, brake lines, and limit straps. Possibly might come with new coil buckets too.

this is all MUCH cheaper than a full LT kit and will give you around 10-12" of wheel travel which is more than enough for what it sounds like you have planned

Here is a shot of camburgs but im sure you could find something cheaper from another company or used on race-dezert.com:

and here is the link: http://camburg.com/fordsibeamf150p.html

Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
check out my myspace... haha, myspace.com/hagenizer
youll see my white truck, 96 f150 extra cab, 351 clev motor. had a h+m front end with custom rear end, id go with either h+m or giant for front long travel and four link the rear end, both very high quality kits
my front pulled 21 inches of travel 4 inches over each side and the rear pulled 22 limited at 18

Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
You want some sik sik gnar gnar rezzys look for some rancho rezzys or their new 2.75 body shock. Cant beat Rancho for the sik sik look.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by extremeethan
You want some sik sik gnar gnar rezzys look for some rancho rezzys or their new 2.75 body shock. Cant beat Rancho for the sik sik look.
LMAO!!

PS: Bra those would be totally gnar.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
i dont want rezzies for the look. i just know that they perform better and will last longer.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
in a stock truck you wont be heating up shocks enough to notice a difference. Also I didnt want to call you out but the rezzy isnt for cooling they give you more shock oil and the more oil the longer it takes to heat up. A rezzy has very little cooling ability, you buy a rezzy for the added oil.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
in a stock truck you wont be heating up shocks enough to notice a difference. Also I didnt want to call you out but the rezzy isnt for cooling they give you more shock oil and the more oil the longer it takes to heat up. A rezzy has very little cooling ability, you buy a rezzy for the added oil.
you also get a resevoir because by putting the gas charge and seal outside of the shock body you can get a longer shaft stuffed into the body itself, allowing a longer travel shock without trying to stuff a huge shock body into a tight space. the resevoir actually only holds about 1/3 of its capacity in oil and the rest of it is gas. its a pretty common misconception that they are just for running the shock at a cooler temp.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by BigDave!!!
you also get a resevoir because by putting the gas charge and seal outside of the shock body you can get a longer shaft stuffed into the body itself, allowing a longer travel shock without trying to stuff a huge shock body into a tight space. the resevoir actually only holds about 1/3 of its capacity in oil and the rest of it is gas. its a pretty common misconception that they are just for running the shock at a cooler temp.
True about more shaft in the shock but they hold more then 1/3 oil, either way a 1/3 more in the shock and a 1/3 more in the rezzy do the math and you have 2/3 more oil. Also why do people put the bigest rezzys available when it doesnt matter because all they are doing is letting the shock have more stroke? They put huge rezzys for the added oil.

Last edited by extremeethan; 10-20-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:32 PM
ok here you go, found an article about shocks and rese's in particular. take it for what it is:

"Contrary to popular belief, the external reservoir on a shock of this type isn’t made to hold extra shock oil. Its purpose is to house the extra needed air space during a shocks compression cycle. Typically this is not air at all, but nitrogen. It will hold some additional fluid as needed, but this shock is designed differently from most other shocks in that the entire main shock body is completely drowned in shock oil. All shock absorbers, regardless of the type, need some amount of dead air space to allow them to work properly. Standard shocks have dead air at the top of the valve body or utilize a twin-tube model for the needed expansion.

As mentioned previously, the external reservoir is used for storing the extra needed dead air space. They are typically connected to the main shock body via a reinforced flexible hose or a metal tube of sorts. The trick here is that as the shock compresses, the extra oil is forced through the connecting tube, into the reservoir body and forced against the pressurized air or nitrogen. In theory, if the oil and the air are not allowed to mix (that’s the way the engineers designed this), the shock will dampen at a far more consistent rate regardless of the frequency of the shock compression/rebound cycles, because the oil cannot aerate. Not to mention they look cool. "

Quick Reply: prerunner's...