Autospring and Factory Warranty

Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autospring and Factory Warranty

I just installed a 2" Autospring, 18x9 Moto Metals, and Nitto 325/60-18 and I'm wondering if the autospring will void my warranty. I still need to take the truck in to get aligned. I'm wondering if I should take it somewhere other than my dealer and tell them that I put the AS in. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dealer says no problem, nothing voided in warranty at all. from what i hear it different dealer to dealer.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 AM
^ True all depends on your dealer. Took mine in for ball joint problems,they didn`t warranty due to my lift.

Now I have a drive shaft problem, Taking it in next week to another dealer. Hope fully they`ll cover me.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
my dealer says no problem, nothing voided in warranty at all. from what i hear it different dealer to dealer.
x2! This is really up to each dealer. My Ford dealer has no problem with my AS 2.5" kit. Hell, they are the ones that installed it!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm an advisor at a dealer and it is up to each individual franchise and/or management to determine whether to warranty something or not. Our dealer is cool. I had my 2.5 AS installed here and aligned here. We have done a few other customers trucks as well. Isn't going to void the warranty unless you can prove the failure was a direct result of the modification. Good luck!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree that it is dealer dependent. What one might do another won't. They can only refuse service if the can prove that your aftermarket part directly damaged or affected your warranty claim. And even if you have no mods they can still gie you problems about what is and isn't covered under warranty. Hope you have a few dealers in town. You'll eventually need to go to the dealer for one thing or another during ownership. Might as well go now and see what they'll do.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:57 PM
the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that you cannot be denied a warranty claim because of an aftermarket part, unless the part actually casued the problem that the warranty claim is about.
i always use the example of lifting your truck will not cause your A/C to stop working. so they can't refuse warranty work on your A/C because you have a lift.

so technically, by law, no dealership can turn you away. now, that is not to say they won't. a lot of places don't expect you to be aware of your rights, and they will try to turn you away.
in that situation you have two choices....1, stand there and argue with them and pull out a copy of the M-M Warr. Act and demand they service your vehicle, or 2, leave and go down the highway to the dealership that has the lifted/modified trucks out front and let them service your truck no questions asked. who do you want working on your truck?

so while some people say it depends on the dealership...that just means some ignore the law and some work with it.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Suspended
My dealer still works on my truck. .

Old 10-17-2007, 02:54 PM
+1 for "depends on your dealer"

Originally I purchased my truck new when I was stationed in Florida (panhandle). I had a lead where the CV joint bolts to front diff. Dealer was shotty and didn't fix it correctly....a year later and after an AS and 35's were installed, leak returned. Took truck in to a dealer here in DFW, TX (I20/Cooper) not a word was said about the AS and they replaced both CV's and re-serviced the front diff all under warranty.

Needless to say, I'll be a customer as long as they continue to offer this level of customer service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autospring and Factory Warranty